Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ebay towers??

novadoo

We just bought an older Malibu and dont want to sink too much $. We want a tower to get the boards off of the ground, and saw Arial and Pyramid brands on ebay. Have anyone had experience good or bad with these products. Please make recommendation, I know we're not going for top of class here, but is it well constructed enough to pull kids and weekend warriors

I bought the arial tower for my last boat. It was rock solid. I hired a guy to install it though. He reinforced it with some wood since the mounts are not that big. Also I had to have the mounts on the top of the hull and not thet sides which stopped me from folding the tower down. But it was well packed when it was shipped, and I think I spent $870 total.

We just bought an older Malibu and dont want to sink too much $. We want a tower to get the boards off of the ground, and saw Arial and Pyramid brands on ebay. Have anyone had experience good or bad with these products. Please make recommendation, I know we're not going for top of class here, but is it well constructed enough to pull kids and weekend warriors

I installed the Aerial Ascent Tower (polished alu) on my LXi 04 and looks great, very satisfied with it. I mounted it on top of the hull front and rear, solid, simple, elegant. I don't fold it down. Needs some waxing with wheels cleaner from time to time. I'll try and send you an image later.

Check this one out if you have time. Ebay

My hommie has that tower on his 2002 VLX and it is as sturdy as they come and easy to fold. We run 4 boards, 4 tower speakers and tower lights on it and never hear so much as a squeak out of it. It has been on the boat since he bought it new in 2001 and it is folded down every time we pull it off the water. You wont be disappointed in that tower and the price is right. I would just cover that blue paint with some Black Krylon/DupliColor and call it a day.

Hey that Skier looks familiar. Tease.gif Good to see my boat made the thread. Thumbup.gif It's a Titan Series I tower with Skylon racks. The tower rocks and is super solid. I wish i paid the ebay price for it. Mine was bought new directly from Titan and custom made to fit our boat. The ebay price is a steal id the dimensions fit your boat! Rockon.gif

Here's one from the rear....

DSC02987.jpg

Edited by martinarcher

Hey that Skier looks familiar. Tease.gif Good to see my boat made the thread. Thumbup.gif It's a Titan Series I tower with Skylon racks. The tower rocks and is super solid. I wish i paid the ebay price for it. Mine was bought new directly from Titan and custom made to fit our boat. The ebay price is a steal id the dimensions fit your boat! Rockon.gif

Here's one from the rear....

DSC02987.jpg

Ya, you cant go wrong with the Titan 1. Super clean boat bro!

I purchased an Aerial Airborne and we also have their racks on it as well. It is solid, no squeaks, and reasonable to install, shipped and received in about 3-4 days and in perfect condition.

I did have one issue with the install, or the tower I should say. The rear legs did not align correctly in order for it to fold down without binding at the rear mounts. I had many discussions with the sales person but couldn't get past them to someone who knew what I was talking about. I had may pics showing my issue and after many calls, they sent me a new set of rear legs. I made an adjustment to them, and now it folds easily. It cost me about $15 or so to make the jig to hold the legs to make the adjustment, but it was really quite easy.

I also put reinforcement under the gunnel and contoured the mount bases to match the curve of the gunnel's. This made it even more solid.

Any way, I have attached some picks. All in all, I would go with the Titan II if you can, if not, I can show you exactly what I did.

post-144-126318487242_thumb.jpg

post-144-126318596151_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sunsetter95

Don't know about any on ebay, but I got this tower from another retailer for $999 shipped after hearing about it from a Malibu dealer.

For an inexpensive tower, it has been a great one for us. http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=12925&pdesc=Skylon_X_Tower&str=tower&merchID=1008&r=view

Don't know about any on ebay, but I got this tower from another retailer for $999 shipped after hearing about it from a Malibu dealer.

For an inexpensive tower, it has been a great one for us. http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=12925&pdesc=Skylon_X_Tower&str=tower&merchID=1008&r=view

I have a buddy who has this Skylon tower on an MC 205. There are some ski/board racks for the sides available for it that join the front & rear hoops together. IMO these racks are absolutely essential to make this tower sturdy, especially if your going to load it full of speakers, racks & gear on it. Without these racks, we found it bounces around way too much in rough water, even unloaded.

I have a buddy who has this Skylon tower on an MC 205. There are some ski/board racks for the sides available for it that join the front & rear hoops together. IMO these racks are absolutely essential to make this tower sturdy, especially if your going to load it full of speakers, racks & gear on it. Without these racks, we found it bounces around way too much in rough water, even unloaded.

We have a pair of kicker ktm6's and a pair of 8" cans on our skylon tower with no racks, we've never had any issues ,loaded or not.

Properly mounted, this should be a good tower for anyone who wants a tower for a good price.I mounted ours with significantly more distance between the legs than the minimal recommended, this may have helped with any flex.

The racks would give some extra stability, but after using ours with speakers on it for a couple of seasons, it's nice and steady. At this point, we would like racks on ours for the storage issue more than anything.

Ya, you cant go wrong with the Titan 1. Super clean boat bro!

Thanks man! Thumbup.gif I agree the Titan I is a solid tower at a good price. I bought mine unfinished (raw welds straight from Titan). Saved me some $$ and I polished myself. No clear coat or anything on it. It is great stainless and is maintenance free.

Edited by martinarcher