Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How is your Dealer service center?

denjoe

Wow, I was thinking that this might be the year for a new boat, I already know what I want (23XTI), but I want to be able to actually use my boat not have it siting in the shop all year. I have had my 91 Supra for six years and put 400 hours (has 680 total) on it and it has never had anything go wrong, NOTHING Biggrin.gif , I change the fluids myself so as far as I know it has never been to the shop.

So my question is: is everyone having to take there boats in for service work all the time. Did my buddy just get lucky with his 03 Wakesetter because he has not had his back to the shop with over 200 hours?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D-GOOSE

• Malibudude

• Greg_S

• stewart

well I have taken my new boat in to Bell Aqua Service in Sacramento. They have had it now for over 11 weeks. It is only in for the 20 hour service, some minor warranty issue's and to fix a couple of scratches on the gel coat. I have called every week and sometimes 2 or 3 times a week with no luck. I have just called Malibu HQ and they have called for me as well.

If I don't get my boat back soon it may be time for me to take legal action. The manager "Dave" won't call me back and they have no ETA on when I can have my boat back. I was even giving them some business by buying turn down SS exhaust tips and a new carpet saver from them.

Any suggestions?

Andy,

I am sure you will have a good experience at Cope's. I am confident because Erika is doing a good job monitoring the service of the boats. Let us all know how it goes. Have you been out at all?

2-Dogs,

I would drive to your dealer, hook up your boat and get it the hell out of there. They are obviously way screwed up. I complained about Cope's because of very minor issues, if they had my boat for 11 weeks, I would go nuts.

Good Luck!

Morse Lake has a great group up there.  Madmanacrossthewater is one of the MLI guys and I'm sure you'll find they'll take good care of you.  Adam's shoes are tough to fill, but they'll get you taken care of.

I appreciate the good reference Jeff, we try hard.

Live4the_extreme, give us a shout if you need anything. We have many events lined up for the summer of 2006, and would love to have you join us. We just finished our proshop, so stop in and visit if you get up this way.

No Wake has a great crew up there in Cincy, as does JeffK at Extreme WS in KY.

well I have taken my new boat in to Bell Aqua Service in Sacramento.  They have had it now for over 11 weeks.  It is only in for the 20 hour service, some minor warranty issue's and to fix a couple of scratches on the gel coat.  I have called every week and sometimes 2 or 3 times a week with no luck.  I have just called Malibu HQ and they have called for me as well.

If I don't get my boat back soon it may be time for me to take legal action.  The manager "Dave" won't call me back and they have no ETA on when I can have my boat back.  I was even giving them some business by buying turn down SS exhaust tips and a new carpet saver from them.

Any suggestions?

Have you tryed to call the owners of Bell Aqua? I would be call Malibu HQ every day just to be a pain in there A$$. I would also say go pick it up or atleast go down there and see what has or hasn't been done to it. Bring your camera just incase you find out that they broke something (like your tower off, yes I have heard of them doing one this last summer.) or are trying to hide some thing from you.

Joe. So when he takes his boat back, were would he take next? Santa Clara ?

Boat Country is my dealer, they have always treated me very well.

One morning just after I bought my Bu I was doing the pre flight on the boat before heading to the lake, I noticed my gauges weren't working I called Greg

at Boat Country he said bring it in, so I pulled in the parking lot and He and another mechanic jump in my boat and found the problem in a few minutes and I was on my way Thumbup.gif the stereo install pulled a wire loose.

Thats the only time my boat was in for service, other than that they have always been very helpful with any parts I've needed or when I needed my prop repaired.

It's also nice that they're only 4 or 5 miles from my house :)

Just ordered my replacement flip window from boat country. I've heard they're good so, decided to give them a try. Parts guy seemed knowdledgable and had my window ordered quickly.

Just ordered my replacement flip window from boat country. I've heard they're good so, decided to give them a try. Parts guy seemed knowdledgable and had my window ordered quickly.

That's Stan, Good guy.

Stan,

That's the guy I delt w/ on the GB. He was good to work w/.

M2D - Just ask for Mike at the shop. If he doesn't give you the answer you want, call Guy at the factory. I would think after all the complaints that Malibu has received about Ultimate, something would change.

M2D - Just ask for Mike at the shop. If he doesn't give you the answer you want, call Guy at the factory. I would think after all the complaints that Malibu has received about Ultimate, something would change.

He might have a hard time getting a hold of Guy, better call Mike Sanchez at Malibu.

I found out that Phil knows about some of the problems and MAY put a office over at the new shop. Maybe calling Phil will help, but don't think it will. But defiantly keep calling HQ.I have talked to him ONCE RTFM.gif and didn't get the feeling he was going to do a thing with my concern.

Went to Cope today to pick up the Bu.

When I dropped off the Bu I strapped the cover in place, not having a real trailerable cover - I towed without it and then strapped it on when I arrived.

I called early this morning and Erika said they were working on my heater (come to find out it wasn't ever hooked up right. They were surprised that it ever blew hot air at all. It did, just not very strongly. I guess I'll experience a real heater now :) ). She wasn't sure they were going to be able to finish it, parts needed, etc. Hmmm... She said she'd call me with an update later.

Since I live an hour away from their shop it's difficult to coordinate pick up and drop off, becuase I use the CFO's car to tow with. Today just happened to be the day the CFO was on a field trip with our oldest - ice skating. And we might be able to switch cars, if she didn't have to bring more than 3 of our oldest's classmates on the field trip. Ugh. Having to drive back would be a bummer, but whatever.

Well, the CFO worked it out and Erika called and said it was ready - and I was WAAAAY ready to leave work on a Friday afternoon. So I made the car switch and headed to Cope.

When I got there the Bu was looking pretty, of course. Cover was on, all strapped correctly. Everything was done, except my ski locker cover that needed to be fab'd and sent from the factory. Niiice.

I walked out to the Bu to hook her up, and noticed that they Armorall'd my trailer tires, even the spare. Niiiiice. - man, just a little thing like that makes the difference.

I hooked her up and then un strapped the cover to take it off. I pulled off my shoes and stepped inside. I instantly felt wetness soak through my socks. Ugh! Did they leave it in the rain?! Why is my carpet wet? The seats were a little damp, but the cover had been on - dew. I touched my hand to the carpet, yep it's wet. I smelled something odd, so I smelled my hand. Hey, this smells good. I lifted the carpet saver and the carpet underneath was dry. Hey! They shampoed the carpet saver. And it totally needed it.

I specifically put the carpet saver in there to protect the carpet from Shmoes like Pat! :) - OK, really anyone that might climb in with their shoes on. And they shampoed my carpet.

Maybe they spilled something and needed to clean it by shampoeing? Maybe they love me and want me to buy and new 247? Whatever it is, I'm happy. My 12" sub was put back correctly and works great, even after they repaired my heater. Carpet is cleaner than when I took it there, and my ski pylon lifts again :)

Kudos to Copes!!!

Edited by chathamsolutions

Maybe they spilled something and needed to clean it by shampoeing?  Maybe they love me and want me to buy and new 247?  Whatever it is, I'm happy.  My 12" sub was put back correctly and works great, even after they repaired my heater.  Carpet is cleaner than when I took it there, and my ski pylon lifts again :)

Kudos to Copes!!!

Maybe they just know you're Chathamsolutions of TMC and they need to take good care of you. Biggrin.gif

Maybe they spilled something and needed to clean it by shampoeing?  Maybe they love me and want me to buy and new 247?  Whatever it is, I'm happy.  My 12" sub was put back correctly and works great, even after they repaired my heater.  Carpet is cleaner than when I took it there, and my ski pylon lifts again :)

Kudos to Copes!!!

Maybe they just know you're Chathamsolutions of TMC and they need to take good care of you. Biggrin.gif

Its all about who you are and who you know Biggrin.gif

He might have a hard time getting a hold of Guy, better call Mike Sanchez at Malibu.

IIRC, didn't Guy retire recently ? Just wonderin'.

Madman