Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How is your Dealer service center?

denjoe

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D-GOOSE

• Malibudude

• Greg_S

• stewart

ROTFLMAOPMP at that last comment.....

I understood it all the way up to PMP, what does that mean?

That's better than me, I don't know what any of it means.

ROTFLMAOPMP= Rolling on the floor laughing my a@# off Pee my pants.

now i bought a malibu so i dont need to go there every couple weeks! the moblile guy is great for maintence service.

I've used it in the past as well, but for $45 mobile service charge I just do it myself. He won't do any warrenty service just filters, oil winterization stuff. I've never had the issues w/ a dirty boat and junk left in it, then again I've not been to the servise in 3 years Yahoo.gif

although im not a big fan of copes or uws after my disaster with my mc i did end up buying malibu form them since they had the one i want. as far as there service center i have mixed feelings. i had to go there quite a bit to drop off my mc. they were quick to fit me in and get me out on the water. they did however leave my boat a mess every time. one time i picked up my boat after leaving over the weekend and i found a half drank 12k of beer, suntan lotion , bimini put away all sloppy and with a broken bracket and 8 more hours than i had when i dropped it off. i figure they used it all weekend at their lake before i picked it up on monday morning. i asked them about it and they didnt seem to care , at this point i was already so mad at my mc i just wanted it back so i didnt pursue a complaint.

That is unbelievable. They need competition.

although im not a big fan of copes or uws after my disaster with my mc i did end up buying malibu form them since they had the one i want. as far as there service center i have mixed feelings. i had to go there quite a bit to drop off my mc. they were quick to fit me in and get me out on the water. they did however leave my boat a mess every time. one time i picked up my boat after leaving over the weekend and i found a half drank 12k of beer, suntan lotion , bimini put away all sloppy and with a broken bracket and 8 more hours than i had when i dropped it off. i figure they used it all weekend at their lake before i picked it up on monday morning. i asked them about it and they didnt seem to care , at this point i was already so mad at my mc i just wanted it back so i didnt pursue a complaint.

That is unbelievable. They need competition.

They do, unfortunatley, they have the No CA market tied up. Largest BU and MC dealer, and apparently just bought a competitor who had 3 MC stores.

The UWS service center in Livermore, should be pretty decent now. Kevin Frank is trying to be CS oriented, and they have merged with the MC dealer and Liquid Wrenches. Add to that indoor storage.

HI! New member, first post. When I picked up my boat back in May of 03, the alarm was going off the whole test ride. The service tech took 2 hrs. to find the fix, and I think he only cut some wire under the dash. Don't think he ever found the true cause of the alarm. Needless to say I never went back there. He's on a manmade lake in eastern PA. I even demanded (and won) that he give me the the fuel lines from the recall issued for the motor(monsoon) back in July of 03, and I would change them myself. I do all my own work on my motors. Luckily, a dealer opened here in NJ, so its only a half hour ride for parts if needed. Got a great price in PA, thats why I brought the boat (rxli) there, and the NJ dealer was not in bussiness yet.

Edited by electricjohn

Everyone that ever tells me "I wanna get a boat"

I tell them "you better be a mechanic"

If you have to run to the dealer for every little thing, you're gonna run yourself into the ground. Not to mention all the other maintenance type stuff you have to do on your own just to keep it tip top.

If you have to run to the dealer for every little thing, you're gonna run yourself into the ground. Not to mention all the other maintenance type stuff you have to do on your own just to keep it tip top.

I agree, but instead I just know someone that used to be a Volvo mechanic... Tongue.gif

I have to say that when I took my boat & trailer to Cope's last week to have Extreme fix my trailer rust problem I talked to Erika who mentioned that Cope's incorporated a bunch of changes due to this thread.

If this forum makes the dealers better for us, then we all win, including the dealers. I am still up in the air if I will do my 100 hour or Cope's. I would much rather trust a dealer to take care of it because I do not have time.

Hey Pete, you were looking for new work opportunities... Open Pete's Boat service center.

Only if you have a lacking local dealer. We ain't all bad. Innocent.gif

Electricjohn. Welcome.gif

Edited by Madmanacrossthewater
Hey Pete, you were looking for new work opportunities... Open Pete's Boat service center.

Joe,

I've seriously considered it.

And now that I have the manual, I can't go wrong! Crazy.gif

Joe,

I've seriously considered it.

And now that I have the manual, I can't go wrong! Crazy.gif

Pete,

Maybe we could do a partnership, you head up maintenance and I run an indoor storage. It seems to be the waive of the future.....

i think a great idea would be a large scale shop that carries and installs all the upgrades like towers, stereos, showers , heaters and other customea ccesories. kind of like a pimp my ride for boats but add a good service center and pro shop too. and it wouldnt sell any boats. just accesories.

kind of like a tognottis or the old supershops fopr cars.

Edited by lxirod
i think a great idea would be a large scale shop that carries and installs all the upgrades like towers, stereos, showers , heaters and other customea ccesories. kind of like a pimp my ride for boats but add a good service center and pro shop too. and it wouldnt sell any boats. just accesories.

kind of like a tognottis or the old supershops fopr cars.

That would be really cool!!! Kind of a one stop boat shop. Can you imagine how much money you could spend at a place like that Shocking.gif You go in for a simple oil change and come out with a new stereo, prop, lights, wakeboard, etc...

Donjoe did she say what kind of changes there going to make? It will be interesting if they can pull this off. I don't know how they would unless there was a change in management.

My un-named dealer (In Land O' Lakes, FL) sucks. I could go on for hours about how long it took to prep my boat for delivery , or how they left the cover off in the rain under a tree, or how they left the tie down straps on when testing it, trying to back it off the trailer, bending both of my industrial strength tie downs and putting a hole in my boat...I could go on and on.

My un-named dealer (In Land O' Lakes, FL) sucks.  I could go on for hours about how long it took to prep my boat for delivery , or how they left the cover off in the rain under a tree, or how they left the tie down straps on when testing it, trying to back it off the trailer, bending both of my industrial strength tie downs and putting a hole in my boat...I could go on and on.

Experiences like this make even happier that my dealer has a clue. I just hope they don't blow it!

I'm taking my boat into Cope (San Jose) tomorrow. I'm hoping I have another great experience like last time. Handful of warranty items I need them to look at:

- retractible pylon is stuck (has been for a year)

- ski locker cover bowing

- port tank fuse keeps blowing

- heater was blowing cool air last time out

- replace a rocker switch on the dash

All minor stuff I've been letting build up.

Weather shows no rain, but I'm taking my cover anyway!

I'll give the 4th thumbs up for No Wake Marine in Cincinnati, OH. I've had some slight dissatisfaction with communication and follow up from the sales group, but the service guys have more than made up for it. The end result on any boat issues has always been great.

Thumbup.gif AC and Craig in service rock!! Rockon.gifRockon.gif

I just moved and am now closer to the Malibu dealer in Indianapolis, IN (Morse Lake Inboards). Does anyone have any experience in dealing with them? I've been asking around and so far have had only positive feedback.

Morse Lake has a great group up there. Madmanacrossthewater is one of the MLI guys and I'm sure you'll find they'll take good care of you. Adam's shoes are tough to fill, but they'll get you taken care of.

Edited by JeffK

I had mine into the new Copes service center in Santa Clara a couple of months ago. It was a 1 day'er. In @ 8am, out @ 4pm. It was another 50 hr svc., impeller, as well as a couple of warranty items. They did a nice job. Boat was clean, cover was on (properly and tied down tight), and the plug was removed & stowed in a dash cup holder. (just like the policy states on the bottom of the service form I had to sign...)

All in all, Props to Copes!

Patrick

Edited by Faceplant409