Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How is your Dealer service center?

denjoe

Boatman :- I don't know your story, but maybe I can help with why the edge may have pushed off the other service work. I see that your in MI ( my home state ) and as you know the cold nights come fast this time of year. I know your season is short and you want to ride as much as you can. At least I would, so I see your point on waiting for miner repairs.

1 Edge- is trying to get all winterizing done before the frost come's in. I would think that if a person drops of there boat for winterization and then there eng freezes. The liability falls on Edge for all repairs. This could cost a ton of money if you lose a few heaters, eng, ect.

2 I would think, Edge sells more than just boats. More than likely there into snowmobiles and snow ski equipment. So while one season is ending one is just starting to hop. I.E. setting up new sled's and receiving new gear.

3 I know this doesn't helps you but please try to under stand what they have to work with.

Boatman have you ever had a problem with them in the mid season. From what I've heard of the Edge I don't think you have.

This is just M2C and if there needs to be any corrections please feel free to make them.

Were would you take your money and for what Dontknow.gif repairs?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D-GOOSE

• Malibudude

• Greg_S

• stewart

leeknetter - I would be Mad.gifBadmood.gifRanting.gifRTFM.gif . Looks like you did a great job of documenting every thing that has happened. I hope Mike steps in and takes care of you the way we know that Malibu can. Good Luck and please keep us posted.

yabetcha- I don't know were you live but in my area (Sac Ca) the repair center for UWS/Cope's works on Malibu, Mastercraft, Fourwinns, Jetcraft, and in some area Centurion. So check into who the sevice center is when buying your next boat. The feeling I get walking into Cope's is different than UWS and this has been true befor I even owned a Malibu.

I think if I ran into the problems as some have experienced above, I would have to write off my dealer and have the repairs/service performed elsewhere. The local CC dealer has sold my my first Cobalt and serviced my last Bu. He has a very good service center. Yes, it would cost me money out of pocket for some warranty work, but my peace of mind would be worth it. If not, I would drive up to the next closest Bu dealer for warranty service.

In leeknetter case, his experience is almost unbelievable!

I would be up Meced's backside like no other.

I'm happy that my dealer does a good job. Now I just need them to move their service center to where the sales office is so I don't have to drive as far!

Boatman :- I don't know your story, but maybe I can help with why the edge may have pushed off the other service work. I see that your in MI ( my home state ) and as you know the cold nights come fast this time of year. I know your season is short and you want to ride as much as you can. At least I would, so I see your point on waiting for miner repairs.

1 Edge- is trying to get all winterizing done before the frost come's in. I would think that if a person drops of there boat for winterization and then there eng freezes. The liability falls on Edge for all repairs. This could cost a ton of money if you lose a few heaters, eng, ect.

2 I would think, Edge sells more than just boats. More than likely there into snowmobiles and snow ski equipment. So while one season is ending one is just starting to hop. I.E. setting up new sled's and receiving new gear.

3 I know this doesn't helps you but please try to under stand what they have to work with.

Boatman have you ever had a problem with them in the mid season. From what I've heard of the Edge I don't think you have.

This is just M2C and if there needs to be any corrections please feel free to make them.

Were would you take your money and for what Dontknow.gif  repairs?

D-GOOSE

I understand their philosophy regarding quickly winterizing to avoid liability. I only try to wait for repairs because I'm 2.5 hours away. That means two trips there. One to drop it off and one to pick it up. My boat is idling a little rough and I had hoped they could address this issue and they told me to wait until Spring. Another two trips!

The local Mastercraft dealer winterizes about the same number of boats per year and they will take care of any service I need. They also do good work so I guess I will take it there. It is closer too. I do agree that if I have a mid season need, The Edge will take care of it. I really like Scott, Zach, Matt and the others. They are great guys and have been very good to me. If I buy another new Malibu, it will probably be from them. My only issue is no other service while winterizing.

Also, they do sell snowboarding equipment but no Snowmobiles. :skiing:

After a bad experience with UWS, I decided to do all the maintenance myself. 

Recently I called the local malibu service center to see if they had a thermostat in stock or if they could order one for me.  Sometimes they have a receptionist that answers the phone, so when I called I asked specifically for the parts person and waited on hold until this person picked up the phone. 

After being asked what kind of boat, what model, what type of engine, the parts person asked me......................."so what kind of an outdrive do you have on your boat?" 

huh???? Mad.gif

I was then told by the Malibu service center to call some other marine store because they may be able to order the part for me. 

Once again UWS let me down....I called skidim and plan to contact them for all future parts requests.  They were VERY knowledgeable and it was a relief to actually speak to someone that knew exactly what I needed. 

Since my boat is for sale, I've been debating if I should be looking at other brands besides Malibus because of the frustrating encounters I've had due to bad service and unknowledgeable staff at UWS.

I'd forward your concerns to Malibu, not that it would change anything in the near term but they need to know the issues. I had good dealings w/ Josh when I needed service done out in Rio Linda.

After a bad experience with UWS, I decided to do all the maintenance myself. 

Recently I called the local malibu service center to see if they had a thermostat in stock or if they could order one for me.  Sometimes they have a receptionist that answers the phone, so when I called I asked specifically for the parts person and waited on hold until this person picked up the phone. 

After being asked what kind of boat, what model, what type of engine, the parts person asked me......................."so what kind of an outdrive do you have on your boat?" 

huh???? Mad.gif

I was then told by the Malibu service center to call some other marine store because they may be able to order the part for me. 

Once again UWS let me down....I called skidim and plan to contact them for all future parts requests.  They were VERY knowledgeable and it was a relief to actually speak to someone that knew exactly what I needed. 

Since my boat is for sale, I've been debating if I should be looking at other brands besides Malibus because of the frustrating encounters I've had due to bad service and unknowledgeable staff at UWS.

Like I have said before (more than once) End the misery- call Boat Country, those guys are awsome.

I think if I ran into the problems as some have experienced above, I would have to write off my dealer and have the repairs/service performed elsewhere. The local CC dealer has sold my my first Cobalt and serviced my last Bu. He has a very good service center. Yes, it would cost me money out of pocket for some warranty work, but my peace of mind would be worth it. If not, I would drive up to the next closest Bu dealer for warranty service.

In leeknetter case, his experience is almost unbelievable!

I would be up Meced's backside like no other.

I'm happy that my dealer does a good job. Now I just need them to move their service center to where the sales office is so I don't have to drive as far!

Greg,

The new shop is coming right along. Have you seen it? Should be one of the nicest shops around when they are done! Can't wait!

Boatman if you are looking for an answer go straight to the source if you are looking to spread a liltte bitterness you suck seeded.

Where the heck are you livin? If you are two and half hours away you could go to coldwater or detroit to get work done by a malibu dealer.

I have warrenty issues but I know they are busy and we can addresse them when I take mine in and leave it.

ITCH

By the way, I heard Kevin Frank is selling Mastercrafts...

Are you thinking of when he was @ Copes in Rocklin? He was recently acting as the Service Manager for UWS Livermore. But, that could of changed......

Yea, he was up there before, and then he went to Livermore

I just heard he left , or whatever , and is back up there in Rocklin doing Mastercrafts again.

• 3 weeks later...
Boatman if you are looking for an answer go straight to the source if you are looking to spread a liltte bitterness you suck seeded.

Where the heck are you livin? If you are two and half hours away you could go to coldwater or detroit to get work done by a malibu dealer.

I have warrenty issues but I know they are busy and we can addresse them when I take mine in and leave it.

ITCH

I am not looking to spread bitterness. I am sorry if it came out that way. I was just curious if others find this to be standard policy with their dealers. Like I said, I like those guys and they have been pretty good to me over the years. As for "go to the source". the next time I see Scott I plan to ask him about this policy. As for going to Detroit, that would be about a 4 hour drive and I did talk to Ron Koenig at Skiers Pier and was told they would do other service work when winterizing. I am north of all of them including the Edge. Glen Cove Marina (Traverse City area) would be almost as close as the Edge. Oh! By the way, I don't appreciate the "suck"remark.

• 4 weeks later...

Skierfool -- That may not be completely accurate. I know many dealerships that remove their shoes each time they climb into a boat. We do. The only time we don't is if we are lifting out an engine or other heavy equipment where the protection of toes is warranted, then we lay down plastic before we climb in the boat. Only under odd circumstances do our shoes ever make contact with the interior of a boat. We actually ask all of our customers to remove their shoes anytime they climb into our boats in the showroom too.

As dealers, we see all too often what a good scuff can do to an interior. It costs enough to keep a dealership open and running without adding damage to a customer's boat to the list.

I have taken my 05 VLX to Cope & McPheters twice this year.  Twice my boat came back 10 times dirtier than it went.

The first time I took my boat in, when I went to pick it up there was 2 inches of water sitting in it.  They did not cover it or store it inside, plus it was under a tree which deposited all kinds of stuff in the boat.  I had to beg them to at least suck out the water for me.  No option of cleaning it from them.  It took me 2 days to get it to look as good as it did when it went in.

The second service was my 50 hour.  I requested for them to lube the stearing and see if they can address the center ballasts filling automatically (syphoning).  Again when I picked my boat up there was grease on the upholstery and crap everywhere.  When I took my boat out the stearing wheel was so out of alignment that it was about 100 degrees off from where it should be.  Then,  I happened to check center ballast tank, there was water coming in like crazy through two of the fittings.  I happen to grab the fill pump and it was barely finger tight, I then checked the elbow into the tank and it as well was not even tight.

Two simple service requests and both failed horrible in my opinion.  I do not trust them anymore, I am going to rely on this site and trial and error to perform all future services.  I will only utilize them if I absolutely have to or if they can convince me that they will do a better job.

For the record the service advisor Erica is amazing, she is pollite and sweet, but she unfortunately does not perform the actual service.

Call Frank Cope directly. He's a stand up guy and will get personally involved.

although im not a big fan of copes or uws after my disaster with my mc i did end up buying malibu form them since they had the one i want. as far as there service center i have mixed feelings. i had to go there quite a bit to drop off my mc. they were quick to fit me in and get me out on the water. they did however leave my boat a mess every time. one time i picked up my boat after leaving over the weekend and i found a half drank 12k of beer, suntan lotion , bimini put away all sloppy and with a broken bracket and 8 more hours than i had when i dropped it off. i figure they used it all weekend at their lake before i picked it up on monday morning. i asked them about it and they didnt seem to care , at this point i was already so mad at my mc i just wanted it back so i didnt pursue a complaint.

"one time i picked up my boat after leaving over the weekend and i found a half drank 12k of beer, suntan lotion , bimini put away all sloppy and with a broken bracket and 8 more hours than i had when i dropped it off. i figure they used it all weekend at their lake before i picked it up on monday morning. i asked them about it and they didnt seem to care , at this point i was already so mad at my mc i just wanted it back so i didnt pursue a complaint."

And you bought a boat from them? un-frigin-believable!!!!!!!

although im not a big fan of copes or uws after my disaster with my mc i did end up buying malibu form them since they had the one i want. as far as there service center i have mixed feelings. i had to go there quite a bit to drop off my mc. they were quick to fit me in and get me out on the water. they did however leave my boat a mess every time. one time i picked up my boat after leaving over the weekend and i found a half drank 12k of beer, suntan lotion , bimini put away all sloppy and with a broken bracket and 8 more hours than i had when i dropped it off. i figure they used it all weekend at their lake before i picked it up on monday morning. i asked them about it and they didnt seem to care , at this point i was already so mad at my mc i just wanted it back so i didnt pursue a complaint.

I would have gone in there Guns.gif , Bash.gif , and Argue.gif and thats before I would have Blowup.gif and got Mad.gif