Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How is your Dealer service center?

denjoe

I have taken my 05 VLX to Cope & McPheters twice this year. Twice my boat came back 10 times dirtier than it went.

The first time I took my boat in, when I went to pick it up there was 2 inches of water sitting in it. They did not cover it or store it inside, plus it was under a tree which deposited all kinds of stuff in the boat. I had to beg them to at least suck out the water for me. No option of cleaning it from them. It took me 2 days to get it to look as good as it did when it went in.

The second service was my 50 hour. I requested for them to lube the stearing and see if they can address the center ballasts filling automatically (syphoning). Again when I picked my boat up there was grease on the upholstery and crap everywhere. When I took my boat out the stearing wheel was so out of alignment that it was about 100 degrees off from where it should be. Then, I happened to check center ballast tank, there was water coming in like crazy through two of the fittings. I happen to grab the fill pump and it was barely finger tight, I then checked the elbow into the tank and it as well was not even tight.

Two simple service requests and both failed horrible in my opinion. I do not trust them anymore, I am going to rely on this site and trial and error to perform all future services. I will only utilize them if I absolutely have to or if they can convince me that they will do a better job.

For the record the service advisor Erica is amazing, she is pollite and sweet, but she unfortunately does not perform the actual service.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D-GOOSE

• Malibudude

• Greg_S

• stewart

There has to be someone else in management that can make sure your boat comes back to you better than you left it. Sorry to hear that you are dealershipless.

Paradise So Cal did a great job for me on my 20 hour service and the SM was excellent in returning my phone calls, answering my questions and actually informing me of several issues that our 05's have that need to be corrected that I didn't know were problems.

I have taken my 05 VLX to Cope & McPheters twice this year.  Twice my boat came back 10 times dirtier than it went.

The first time I took my boat in, when I went to pick it up there was 2 inches of water sitting in it.  They did not cover it or store it inside, plus it was under a tree which deposited all kinds of stuff in the boat.  I had to beg them to at least suck out the water for me.  No option of cleaning it from them.  It took me 2 days to get it to look as good as it did when it went in.

The second service was my 50 hour.  I requested for them to lube the stearing and see if they can address the center ballasts filling automatically (syphoning).  Again when I picked my boat up there was grease on the upholstery and crap everywhere.  When I took my boat out the stearing wheel was so out of alignment that it was about 100 degrees off from where it should be.  Then,  I happened to check center ballast tank, there was water coming in like crazy through two of the fittings.  I happen to grab the fill pump and it was barely finger tight, I then checked the elbow into the tank and it as well was not even tight.

Two simple service requests and both failed horrible in my opinion.  I do not trust them anymore, I am going to rely on this site and trial and error to perform all future services.  I will only utilize them if I absolutely have to or if they can convince me that they will do a better job.

For the record the service advisor Erica is amazing, she is pollite and sweet, but she unfortunately does not perform the actual service.

Man, that is really unfortunate to say the least. While the service advisor may not perform the service, did you take your concerns to her? I would think that there is some chain of command that you could bring this to the attention of?

I have taken my 05 VLX to Cope & McPheters twice this year.  Twice my boat came back 10 times dirtier than it went.

The first time I took my boat in, when I went to pick it up there was 2 inches of water sitting in it.  They did not cover it or store it inside, plus it was under a tree which deposited all kinds of stuff in the boat.  I had to beg them to at least suck out the water for me.  No option of cleaning it from them.  It took me 2 days to get it to look as good as it did when it went in.

The second service was my 50 hour.  I requested for them to lube the stearing and see if they can address the center ballasts filling automatically (syphoning).  Again when I picked my boat up there was grease on the upholstery and crap everywhere.  When I took my boat out the stearing wheel was so out of alignment that it was about 100 degrees off from where it should be.  Then,  I happened to check center ballast tank, there was water coming in like crazy through two of the fittings.  I happen to grab the fill pump and it was barely finger tight, I then checked the elbow into the tank and it as well was not even tight.

Two simple service requests and both failed horrible in my opinion.  I do not trust them anymore, I am going to rely on this site and trial and error to perform all future services.  I will only utilize them if I absolutely have to or if they can convince me that they will do a better job.

I haven't had to much luck with UWS and Bell Aqua isn't any better. I've had all my services done by the moblie service at my house and they seem alright, but i have so Issues with warranty stuff and I plan on talking to malibu in mercede and let them know about my problems one by one and let them know how Bell Aqua does, all my complaints will go straight to malibu. I will also take pics of everthing that I want them to look at as well as the hole boat in front of bell aqua just to let them now that I'm documenting everthing with pics. I'm going to cover my a$$.

Wow Denjoe,

I had mine there Thursday and had a good experience. It was my first time at the new facility also. 50 hr service and took care of some wires that had been damaged by like a roto zip or something during assembly. The only problem I had was that I backed it into a spot in their yard and there was a 4" concrete filled post conceiled in a shrub and I dinged my swimstep. :Doh:

In @7:30/Out @4 pm. Just like it's supposed to be!

When I picked it up they had shined my tires and the fenders did not even show a footprint. --The boat was SPOTLESS when it went in-- They had put my cover on and it was tied down also.... Also they pointed out a note on the receipt that stated that the plug had been removed to avoid me forgetting to put it back in.

Sorry about your situation.

Pat

I never had any luck with C&P, nothing as bad as the OP but I was never satisfied.

Try Boat County over in Escalon. I went there a few times and they always did what they said they would and at the price they stated.

Man, that is really unfortunate to say the least. While the service advisor may not perform the service, did you take your concerns to her? I would think that there is some chain of command that you could bring this to the attention of?

I did express my concerns, I would have expected the manager or someone to call me to re-assure me. No such call. I am sure they are a good service center, I just however have had horrible luck with them. But, ironically enough I just got a survey from Malibu which asked my opinions of the service center. So, at least Malibu will be aware of my experiences.

Thanks for all of your input,

WJW

Cope & McPheters here in the Seattle area does not have a good reputation at all. They are a chain, so it's possible that all of their shops aren't big on service. You can probably find yourself a good mechanic at another dealer or even an indepenent that will take better care of you. Don't reward bad behavior by going back.

Central Texas Watersports (CTWS) has been awesome. They have always been true to their word and had everything done when they said they would. Can't ask for more than that!!

Paradise So Cal is excellent. Thay have bent over backwards for me. I have had it in for 2 scheduled services. I had a list of mostly small things, but still quite a list. They took care of those, and even replaced my wedge on warranty without me asking, and without me knowing there was anything wrong with it. To make it even better, on both occasions, I dropped it off in the AM, and picked it up later the same day.

It does not get any better that that!

Thanks Brian!! Rockon.gifThumbup.gif

I have to second GalaxyToad on No Wake Marine. They are definitely the best for service, sales, etc. on boats and watersports gear. We are lucky to have them here.

my dealer is the edge and man i love those guys! ;)

You better!! Biggrin.gif

I have heard Bell aqua stinks. I do all my own work so I don't know first hand. I did go in for some parts on time and the shop was in disarray and no parts on the show room floor. I do feel that a dealer repair shop should atleast vac out the in side and wipe the tire's down just to make it look good. Plus the cleaning guy could wipe off any grease that the monkeys left behind.

You better!! Biggrin.gif

I have heard Bell aqua stinks. I do all my own work so I don't know first hand. I did go in for some parts on time and the shop was in disarray and no parts on the show room floor. I do feel that a dealer repair shop should atleast vac out the in side and wipe the tire's down just to make it look good. Plus the cleaning guy could wipe off any grease that the monkeys left behind.

I have had good luck at Belle Aqua, afterall they did swap out 2 engines for me Mad.gif Each time I bring a boat in for service, I always bring the cover with it. The boat was at Belle Aqua a total of 40+ days with the old HH 380. It cam back clean, and they even waxed it for me.

I did have the Belle Aqua mobile mechanic come out once for an oil change on my 03 LSV, and he left the boat clean.

I brought my boat to UWS in Livermore, for its 50 hour, and was told it would be outside one night and then under the roof the next couple of nights. I left the cover on when I delivered it and it was covered when I picked it up.

I do agre with Greg though, the Belle Aqua parts room or what ever you want to call it, is a mess!

Maybe that will change with there new shop. I forgot when there going to be moving. Dontknow.gif  I hope they sell shirts and other gadgets.

I doubt it. I think they are doing all they can do, just to get the boats fixed........ I think we should just let them concentrate on that for now :)

Sorry to hear about the hassles.

Bridge City Watersports in Wilsonville/Portland has delivered excellent service for me this year.

They got me back on the water in just a couple of days when I had to replace the all the hardware under the boat. (submerged stump)

I was pleasantly surprised when I picked it up from 20hr service my boat was even cleaner then when I left it. It looked like new!

Sorry to hear about the hassles.

Bridge City Watersports  in Wilsonville/Portland has delivered excellent service for me this year.

They got me back on the water in just a couple of days when I had to replace the all the hardware under the boat. (submerged stump)

I was pleasantly surprised when I picked it up from 20hr service my boat was even cleaner then when I left it. It looked like new!

Wait till next year. You have a 05 boat and had an accident. Sure they are gonna make the effort. You have a brand new boat with (what you think is a trajedy) and they turn it around in a week or two. What better advertising??? Don't get me wrong... I'm sure he's a great dealer with great service. But MOST dealers seem to give presant year new boats priority (their sales...) , even if it's not written anywhere....

Pat

I'll third the thumbs up on The Edge(although I think the first thumbs up came from Zack) in Portage, MI. Very reliable, fix things right the first time, and really work around your schedule as much as possible. Boat is always immaculate when it comes back.

I have to second GalaxyToad on No Wake Marine.  They are definitely the best for service, sales, etc. on boats and watersports gear.  We are lucky to have them here.

I'll provide a third for No Wake Marine in Cincinnati. I just wish they lived closer to me. They have taken very good care of me whenever I need it. They are unfortunately 120 miles away so I end up doing more routine maintenance myself do to the inconvenience.

Jeff/AirChair1

After a bad experience with UWS, I decided to do all the maintenance myself.

Recently I called the local malibu service center to see if they had a thermostat in stock or if they could order one for me. Sometimes they have a receptionist that answers the phone, so when I called I asked specifically for the parts person and waited on hold until this person picked up the phone.

After being asked what kind of boat, what model, what type of engine, the parts person asked me......................."so what kind of an outdrive do you have on your boat?"

huh???? Mad.gif

I was then told by the Malibu service center to call some other marine store because they may be able to order the part for me.

Once again UWS let me down....I called skidim and plan to contact them for all future parts requests. They were VERY knowledgeable and it was a relief to actually speak to someone that knew exactly what I needed.

Since my boat is for sale, I've been debating if I should be looking at other brands besides Malibus because of the frustrating encounters I've had due to bad service and unknowledgeable staff at UWS.

Edited by yabetcha
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably because YOU ARE THE EDGE! I like you guys too, BUT....

I have never heard of a dealership that refused to do any other service work when "Winterization Season" started. Many of us save the little problems until the end of the season to have them taken care when we take our boats for winterization. I realize that you are busy but money is money whether you get it from winterizing or other service. You have only forced me to take my 'money" elsewhere. Frustrated.gif