Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

For Sale - Malibu Business

Soon2BV

I received this email today, wondering how many others also did. (Not sure how they obtained my email address.)

Full-Service Malibu Ski Boat Shop

- For Sale -

As a knowledgeable and experienced boat and water sports enthusiast, we'd like to inform you of an opportunity to purchase an established full-service, high-performance boat dealer in the greater Seattle area. Our client has asked us to represent them in the transition of their business to a new owner. Some highlights you might be interested in:

· Nationally known brand.

· Exclusive territory.

· 20+ year business.

· Reputable leader in water sports industry.

· Strong supporting divisions (parts, service, and canvas shop).

· Brand's largest online store of part sales nationally and internationally.

· Positioned well for growth coming out of this market.

· Modern facility, available for purchase or lease.

View this listing

If you are interested in learning more about this company, please contact us by phone or email at 425-883-3111 or [email protected].

Also, please feel free to pass this information along to anyone else you know who might be interested in this opportunity.

Thank you for your consideration.

I received this email today, wondering how many others also did. (Not sure how they obtained my email address.)

- For Sale -

As a knowledgeable and experienced boat and water sports enthusiast, we'd like to inform you of an opportunity to purchase an established full-service, high-performance boat dealer in the greater Seattle area. Our client has asked us to represent them in the transition of their business to a new owner. Some highlights you might be interested in:

· Exclusive territory.

· 20+ year business.

View this listing

If you are interested in learning more about this company, please contact us by phone or email at 425-883-3111 or [email protected].

Also, please feel free to pass this information along to anyone else you know who might be interested in this opportunity.

There are a couple threads talking about the same thing now.

I can't explain the e-mail list?

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24428-malibu-dealership-for-sale/page__fromsearch__1

-Paul

- For Sale -

· Exclusive territory.

· 20+ year business.

View this listing

interesting question...have you ever bought anything from Bakes online?

i dont think it came from Bakes, it was sent to a different email address than what i use for online purchase accounts.

i dont think it came from Bakes, it was sent to a different email address than what i use for online purchase accounts.

you are right, i used a gmail account for bakes online. the email came to the address i use here at the crew.

I ordered something online and received the Bakes Listing to the same email address. I did not receive Bakes listing to my MalibuCrew.com email address

you are right, i used a gmail account for bakes online. the email came to the address i use here at the crew.

I'm not sure that I like the sound of that. If they're getting email addresses from this site, they apparently haven't read the Terms of Use, as that is not allowed.

I'm not sure that I like the sound of that. If they're getting email addresses from this site, they apparently haven't read the Terms of Use, as that is not allowed.

I doubt they are. Bakes has an company that is brokering the deal, searching buyers, they probably got (I am guessing) Bakes basic customer email list (if at all, Bill Baker (Bakes) sent something directly to his customers when he announced his plans).

I assure you that we are not doing that.

I doubt they are. Bakes has an company that is brokering the deal, searching buyers, they probably got (I am guessing) Bakes basic customer email list (if at all, Bill Baker (Bakes) sent something directly to his customers when he announced his plans).

Correct, Falco/sult is the company brokering the deal. This is the letter e-mailed that went out to all of our customers so they were kept in the loop with Bill's plans with Bake's so no customer was blind sided.

-Paul

Edited by Bake's Marine

Maybe he bought something from them, like a rope or vest, in the past and is on their mailing. Just building on a sale.........that's all!!! ROFL.gif

i.e."We noticed last week that you purchased a O'Neil vest, we are also offering all '09 Wakeboards 15% off, and hell while your picking up a wakeboad, why not just buy the dealership!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe he bought something from them, like a rope or vest, in the past and is on their mailing. Just building on a sale.........that's all!!! ROFL.gif

i.e."We noticed last week that you purchased a O'Neil vest, we are also offering all '09 Wakeboards 15% off, and hell while your picking up a wakeboad, why not just buy the dealership!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pretty sure that's a true story.

Can we start a 'What did you pay for you Bu Dealership" thread..to compare?

Thumbup.gif

We should Biggrin.gif Did you buy into the Malibu Dealer you run now or did you start it up?

i.e."We noticed last week that you purchased a O'Neil vest, we are also offering all '09 Wakeboards 15% off, and hell while your picking up a wakeboad, why not just buy the dealership!!!" LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

Now that is up-sell!!

Pretty sure that's a true story.

I won't be surprised if a customer made that a true story at Bake's. We have so many customers passionate about boating and Malibu. I think that is what Bill is trying to find so the business keeps the same feel that he has built for 21 years.

-Paul

I just want to offer Bakes a public apology for making a reactionary, incorrect assumption. The email addresses were not harvested from this site, & I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions in the way that I did. Bakes is a stand-up operation that wouldn't do something like that.