Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Anchor?

wakeboy

I use the Shore Spike from Slide Anchor, it is great. It has a bult in slide hammer to set the spike and remove it. I have not had problems with it letting go. Those sand spikes look like they might be good for a PWC.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• Bobby Light

• wakeboy

• Malibuswany

Those sand spikes look like they might be good for a PWC.

Nice. Not sure how you'd get that. :Doh:

Judging from the pics on the site & the boats at Crescent Bar I've seen using the SandSpike, they seem to hold 20' - 30' boats without any problems. And the 22" long ones that are speced for up a 42' boat....... thats one helluva PWC!

I've personally used the 15" version for years with my Malibu & an older MC without any issues.

OK, well maybe the sand spike works as well, but the Shore Spike advertisement is far superior, if u do not believe me go check it out, I am sure you will see what i mean Drool.gif

• 2 months later...

Small hybrid cars like the Prius hold well in the wind but are a little clunky bringing them in.

Now that they have problems with their brakes I would not recommend a Prius. I use the box anchor in the river. It is like a magnet! We stay put and watch people drift by (probably dragging Priuses).

Just curious where on your malibu's do you store your anchors?

Specifically in wakeboard models where ballast is taking up bow storage.

This has been on my wish list for the boat designers at Malibu for some time now.

A redesign of the front ballast tank would leave room to store a box anchor under the front cushion.

The other thing is why not have the front ballast tank divided so that we could fill one side or the other for surfing?

I've got a Sand Spike I've used for probably 10 years and I've never had a problem with it holding. I wouldn't count on it for holding my boat in a gale but then again my boat wouldn't be out in that kind of weather... Much more compact than the shore spike thingie too. FWIW.

Ed

Also consider how prone you are to losing anchors. I've snagged a couple of anchors on submerged trees at my local lake so I carry 2 river anchors at all times. It's good to have a spare, and sometimes I use both anchors if the conditions call for it.

Edited by ColinP