Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone ever seen a Malibu boat enclosure? I saw this on Facebook

MexTex

Not sure why. We've been using it on the boat for years on Sammamish & Washington. It's not like things are super clear. But the lake is wide open & you don't need to it be that clear.

the problem is that the lake we go on is called pitt lake which is one of the worst lakes for dead heads floating logs and sand bars, my friend just ran his boat into a dead head there going about 35mph.........luckly he owns an aluminum. even with wipers he didnt see it till the last second. it can get pretty bad up here. best bet i think is just not go to out at all in the off season on that lake.

the problem is that the lake we go on is called pitt lake which is one of the worst lakes for dead heads floating logs and sand bars, my friend just ran his boat into a dead head there going about 35mph.........luckly he owns an aluminum. even with wipers he didnt see it till the last second. it can get pretty bad up here. best bet i think is just not go to out at all in the off season on that lake.

Yea, I've ridden on Pitt before. And the river down too. Even in great weather there was a lot of things to miss.

So is the old floating McDonalds still beached on the shore there? That was sad. Could have been so cool.

Here is a side view of what we had made. The snaps were the biggest hurdle from keeping us from having the enclosure made. I wish they were not there but since we will get out more I will deal with it.

The main purpose was not to use while driving, we live in the desert where it is nice most of the time. We really wanted it to boat camp at Lake Powell. We have done the houseboat and like it but too many issues getting people together. We tried tents and didn't like that the boat would be wet after a storm. Also we like to move around at Powell and setting up and breaking camp made that more difficult.

If you notice in the first pic we also got the Primal covers. The first time out my wife said this was the second best decision after buying the boat. We love them! They are really nice since we have a 3 year old and sleeping in the boat is much nicer with the covers. Everyone that has seen them wish they could get them for their boats (runabouts).

gallery_347_630_161015.gif

And the 3 year old (then 2) would crawl up under the bow cover and sleep with the towels. It just brought a whole different dimension to boating.

I believe they discovered this dimension already and named it the Cuddy Cabin/Cabin Cruiser!

I believe they discovered this dimension already and named it the Cuddy Cabin/Cabin Cruiser!

Oh....right...except now I have it on a direct drive!

On the Rainex, we did use that. But again, we were just cruising around, no real speed at all. I applied the Rainex while it was under the covered lift, set up the enclosure, and off we went. I never ran it on plane, think you would need a wiper for that.

Me and my son sleep in our boat several times each season. Throw a tarp over the whole boat and put 2 air mattresses in the cabin. The mattresses fit perfect. We put 2 plastic storage bins the same height of the seat cushions on the floor between the wrap around seating. Turn the drivers seat facing rearward and place mattresses side by side long ways from front of boat to rear. Works good but looks no where near as good as a snap on enclosure. That would be nice.

Yea, I've ridden on Pitt before. And the river down too. Even in great weather there was a lot of things to miss.

So is the old floating McDonalds still beached on the shore there? That was sad. Could have been so cool.

The old Mc Barge is still rotting away in the salt chuck right across from the boat launch we use in Indian arm. They moved it down by my work (Seaspan Intl.) a few years back to film one of the Blade sequels on it, but now its back in its spot till it rots and sinks. We used to climb up it to jump off the roof and stuff but now its so rusty and gross I don't even like going near it.

Pitt Lake is a rad spot but it can get really nasty really quick. We were camped there last year in probably one of the biggest rain/lightning storms I've been in. Forcast was for 35degrees plus and dry all weekend sooif course nobody had tarps or rain gear. It was a wet cold night with a leaky tent. I also don't have a proper cover for my Bu yet and it was soaked. Not cool.

The old Mc Barge is still rotting away in the salt chuck right across from the boat launch we use in Indian arm. They moved it down by my work (Seaspan Intl.) a few years back to film one of the Blade sequels on it, but now its back in its spot till it rots and sinks. We used to climb up it to jump off the roof and stuff but now its so rusty and gross I don't even like going near it.

I found a Facebook group where one of the members is talking about renovating the old McBarge into a night club or restaurant. Amazing that they've let it go like that.

With the enclosure I sleep on the back. Before I would loose my pillow but now I don't have to worry about that. My wife sleeps on the side and my daughter usually on the floor until she crawls up to hang out with me.

We tried a tarp once at Powell. That was not fun, my daughter is still afraid of the wind. A blue tarp makes A LOT of noise when it is being whipped by a strong wind!

I found a Facebook group where one of the members is talking about renovating the old McBarge into a night club or restaurant. Amazing that they've let it go like that.

Holy Moly!

That thing is HUGE. I was picturing a house boat sized hot-dog stand style thing.

What happened to it? What's the story?

Holy Moly!

That thing is HUGE. I was picturing a house boat sized hot-dog stand style thing.

What happened to it? What's the story?

I don't know all the details. But I rode in BC a few times in the Indian Arm & we went right by the McBarge. I asked the guys were were with about it & then looked it up later. Apparently it's the old McDonalds restaurant from the 1986 Worlds Fair that was held in Vancouver. The city has a small bay that is located right downtown called False Creek. The fair was held around this area & the McDonalds was a floating barge. I guess after the fair there was a problem selling or zoning the barge for use anywhere in the area. So they towed it out to river near Burnaby (suburbs), dropped anchor & left it. It's really sad. The building had such a funky look, it could have easily been used as another restaurant or night club or condos or whatever. And almost 25 yrs later, it's still out there & rotting away. Dontknow.gif

Heres some more about it.

2562073850_df28f98fb1.jpg

I don't know all the details. But I rode in BC a few times in the Indian Arm & we went right by the McBarge. I asked the guys were were with about it & then looked it up later. Apparently it's the old McDonalds restaurant from the 1986 Worlds Fair that was held in Vancouver. The city has a small bay that is located right downtown called False Creek. The fair was held around this area & the McDonalds was a floating barge. I guess after the fair there was a problem selling or zoning the barge for use anywhere in the area. So they towed it out to river near Burnaby (suburbs), dropped anchor & left it. It's really sad. The building had such a funky look, it could have easily been used as another restaurant or night club or condos or whatever. And almost 25 yrs later, it's still out there & rotting away. Dontknow.gif

Heres some more about it.

2562073850_df28f98fb1.jpg

Man what a bummer. That thing could be so neat!