Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat buying question...

Hanahawaiian

Hi Folks..

I always want Malibu VTX or VLX..

i like 05+ But i recently look Bakes Marine.. and talk with Matt...

So i have a questions for BU owners... is Manual Wedge to do Easy..i never had that experince before..Ill use Bu for wakeboard n Wakesurfing..

i know Power Wedge come in 08+ models... but how Manual wedge work?

Also Im curious all Payments monthly? snice i have Good Credit like 770-780 score. so i figure about 300-400 a month?

thanks for all your times

Chris

Hi Folks..

I always want Malibu VTX or VLX..

i like 05+ But i recently look Bakes Marine.. and talk with Matt...

So i have a questions for BU owners... is Manual Wedge to do Easy..i never had that experince before..Ill use Bu for wakeboard n Wakesurfing..

i know Power Wedge come in 08+ models... but how Manual wedge work?

Also Im curious all Payments monthly? snice i have Good Credit like 770-780 score. so i figure about 300-400 a month?

thanks for all your times

Chris

Welcome to the crew site. Which boat were you looking at Bake's?

The manual wedge is easy, you squeeze two pins and the Wedge foil deploys down. The angle of the foil seeks the most resistance "floating" in the down position. I found

that shows how it works (sort of).

It's awesome for wakeboarding but I've never used it for surfing. We use the power wedge for surfing but when we get a lot of weight in the boat we don't use the wedge at all. It changes every time we go out depending on weight in the boat, crew, etc. but i would say we use the power wedge 75% of the time. It's nice to have the adjustment at your finger tips.

Any Malibu's with the digital dash system (2008+) Dealers can install the power wedge on those boats. So if you are looking at one of our boats with out the power wedge it is a option.

There are a lot of factors that effect payments such as interest rate, down payment, loan amount, etc. You can plug the numbers into this loan calculator on the Internet and it can figure out the math for you what your payments would be.

-Paul

Paul i think i met you.. I came in about 330pm on saturday..i asked for Matt..i think u was work prep close down the place..

I just look at 05' Malibu VLX loaded with new moonson engine come in.. and or 08' VTX brand new with have power wedge..

I have an 08 VLX with the floating wedge. Despite some problem I had not recognizing a problem with it, that didn't effect my boat or the wedge but I won't get into that, the floating wedge works great. I use it for wakeboarding and wakesurfing and I love it. Now I am not going to comment on the power wedge since I don't feel qualified to talk about it and there are plenty of experts on this topic on this site. I like the floating wedge because it adjusts itself. There are no mechnical issues with it, it is easy enough to raise and lower. You can optimally get more downforce with the power wedge, but the floating wedge does offer a lot of downforce as well. My wake is clean when using the wedge and it is quicker than filling extra ballast bags, however the power wedge is quicker and can be moved in and out of the water while still driving, which is a convenience factor.

Manual wedge is a floater, two pins release it down as said before. The wedge is pulled by the water and as speed increases the water flow over the wedge changes the wedges position. Therefore the wedge finds the optimal spot on its own. Honestly, everyone that I have met that has the floating wedge, doesn't even consider the power wedge so I don't think you will find yourself yearning for the power wedge if you do get the floater.

Also, if you are looking at the VLX and VTX you have two very good options in front of you. I love the VLX for obvious reasons so I think I would be unfairly bias in my opinions of the two. Test drive them both. I never seriously considered the VTX mainly because I wanted the extra size and therefore considered the 09 vRide and 08 VLX. The only thing I would say is to make sure you get the Wake hull, especially if you are considering the VTX (I only say that because I think it is more likely a VTX would come with the Diamond hull than a VLX would) since you already stated that you are a wakeboarder and wakesurfer.

Paul i think i met you.. I came in about 330pm on saturday..i asked for Matt..i think u was work prep close down the place..

I just look at 05' Malibu VLX loaded with new moonson engine come in.. and or 08' VTX brand new with have power wedge..

I think you met Andrew, he works service parts for me on Saturday's.

That 05' is a great deal with a new engine, you will give up some of the nice creature comforts and drive-ability of the 08' VTX or VLX which our in stock boats have some amazing deals on them too. Either way you've got a good group of boats to pick from.

what about afforable new AXIS A22?? any good about that? or better get VTX or VLX

The Axis is pretty sweet boat, I drove one of them and it performed awesome. It really depends on what kind of boat you want, i think there is a pretty decent difference between Malibu and Axis but they both come out of the same factory so your receiving a great product either way, just different flavors.

-Paul

Edited by Bake's Marine

hmmm... ill think about it... paul yeah that 05 come with new engine.. and interior n it is loaded come with good deal price than brand new BU.. so Matt told me that he want rid all 08 models... so i would talk to matt more about boats and stuffs

hmmm... ill think about it... paul yeah that 05 come with new engine.. and interior n it is loaded come with good deal price than brand new BU.. so Matt told me that he want rid all 08 models... so i would talk to matt more about boats and stuffs

Matt's awesome so definitely keep working with him, he has been in the boating industry for a long time and knows his stuff. We are motivated to sell our past model year boats so we can get some more 2010 models on the floor.

Wish you the best finding a boat!

-Paul

alright.. Ill talk to matt on Saturday.. gonna check some 08 models.. and have Matt show me about Manual Wedge how it work lol...

We just moved a few 08's in the showroom during the boat show so hopefully the one you want to look at is inside since the we're expecting the normal rain forecast this weekend!

I'm not in on Saturday so have fun looking around!!

-Paul