Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for info

LS-One

We have been invited in mid July by some friends to go to Flathead Lake Montana. They rent a large home right on the water every year. By looking at the online photos it looks pretty interesting. Its a 1200 mile trip one way pulling the boat so before I commit to taking it I'd like to see if any one has been there and what to expect weather wise.

We have been invited in mid July by some friends to go to Flathead Lake Montana. They rent a large home right on the water every year. By looking at the online photos it looks pretty interesting. Its a 1200 mile trip one way pulling the boat so before I commit to taking it I'd like to see if any one has been there and what to expect weather wise.

It should be getting pretty warm by then. I have some friends that moved to Polson and they love it. It warms up pretty good in summer.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KGPI/2009/7/15/WeeklyHistory.html

Should be fine. High 80's to Low 90's most likely. Don't know water temps. I have only been there once, about 25 years ago, and it is a pretty cool lake. I remember it being very busy. We were out there in a canoe and got sprayed by a guy on a slalom ski. Pretty fun on a hot day.

One more tidbit, if you will be anywhere in the south end, you can go into the river by Polson and ski if the lake gets too much wind. Check it out on satellite photos, you can go about 5 miles or so down river before you hit the dam.

It's a BIG lake. And windy early. Skiing in the morning should be great. But will probably get blown out by lunch. Not sure what water temps your used to but I'd expect 60s by that time of the summer.