Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Guess what I got for Christmas?

rivrat

I went down to me storage unit where my boat was being stored to put a light in the engine compartment to keep it warm since it was dipping into the low 20's. I pulled up the the unit and noticed that my lock was gone. Those bastards cut my lock out and broke into the unit. They stole my amps out of my boat but left the $1800 WS Pro 60x tower speakers and the $500 XS650 boat speakers and the JL sub. But they took the time to undo all the connections on the amp and carefully take them from the back board. I just bought the same amps off ebay and Im just going to screw them back in the same spot and wire them back up the same way. insurance gave me $560, that was less my $500 deductible, and I got both amps for 559.98, so it worked out perfect.

I just hate low down people who are so F'ing lazy to get a job but can steal from the ones who have one and work their a** off for what they have. I really do hope they get what coming for them.

I went down to me storage unit where my boat was being stored to put a light in the engine compartment to keep it warm since it was dipping into the low 20's. I pulled up the the unit and noticed that my lock was gone. Those bastards cut my lock out and broke into the unit. They stole my amps out of my boat but left the $1800 WS Pro 60x tower speakers and the $500 XS650 boat speakers and the JL sub. But they took the time to undo all the connections on the amp and carefully take them from the back board. I just bought the same amps off ebay and Im just going to screw them back in the same spot and wire them back up the same way. insurance gave me $560, that was less my $500 deductible, and I got both amps for 559.98, so it worked out perfect.

I just hate low down people who are so F'ing lazy to get a job but can steal from the ones who have one and work their a** off for what they have. I really do hope they get what coming for them.

I agree, lowlifes. But look at it this way.....it could have been so much worse. No damage to the boat, you didn't have much (if anything) that you had to pay out of pocket, everything was easily replaced.....it could have been sooooooo much worse.

EDIT: It reminds me of a time years ago when we went to a dealer to look at boats. There was one out in their yard that had the cover (Rankin) ripped (knifed open), the dash ripped apart & other areas in the thieves' haste to get the gear out. Between the cover, dash & other repairs, it was well over $3k in repairs just to the boat without beginning to figure replacing the audio equipment. You got lucky.

You probably just bought your original amps back from the thief! Would be nice if you had the serial numbers from your originals.

yeah i know i got lucky but, its still a pain in the a** to have to go thru all of it.

I got the amps of Ebay and they said they were new. I wish they were the old ones, so i wouldnt have to figure out all the setting and switches.

yeah i know i got lucky but, its still a pain in the a** to have to go thru all of it.

I got the amps of Ebay and they said they were new. I wish they were the old ones, so i wouldnt have to figure out all the setting and switches.

Man that sucks hope you get it all set back up. Did you have one of those anti cut locks on the unit. There isn't much shaft to them and they are very hard to cut, would take them a while.

Edit: You should do something fast, they obviously know everything else you have and might come back for it.

Edited by 06vlx

when my old boat was vandalized, with the other boats on the dock, the theives set it (a roll of paper towels) on fire. burnt out the dash. old boat=no insurance= big loss

glad you got away cheap.

the Lock i had was made for storage buliding locks but they cut the hasp on both sides of the lock and just pulled the lock out. they didnt even touch the lock. The place has electric gates but the cut the (bicycle type) chain that pulls the gate open and manually pushed the gate.

unless i weld something up that slides over the hasp and completelly covers all the lock, they will still be able to get in. they have had people cut a hole in the back side of the unit to get in. and also go in an unused unit and cut a hole in the side and go from unit to unit that way.

The owner said he was going to try and get cameras up in the next week or two but i think he is full of Sh*t.

the Lock i had was made for storage buliding locks but they cut the hasp on both sides of the lock and just pulled the lock out. they didnt even touch the lock. The place has electric gates but the cut the (bicycle type) chain that pulls the gate open and manually pushed the gate.

unless i weld something up that slides over the hasp and completelly covers all the lock, they will still be able to get in. they have had people cut a hole in the back side of the unit to get in. and also go in an unused unit and cut a hole in the side and go from unit to unit that way.

The owner said he was going to try and get cameras up in the next week or two but i think he is full of Sh*t.

Can you move the boat to another unit ASAP in case they try to come back to yours because they know what's in there?

So you know of all these other units that have been broken into in various different ways, and you still choose to keep your boat there??? I would take it out of that place ASAP and find one that has better security. Cameras at a minimum.

I suggest this. Dewalt Mobillock

I'm going to rent a storage container on my buddies property for my tools and equipment and am looking at on or more of these... +/-$600 up front and a cellular fee monthly. You can use either the motion detector or the door magnet switch- but not both at the same time...

Good luck!

Nice. Where is this place again? I think I'd be moving the boat to someplace safer.

it must be someone that knows of you or has heard the system. They knew what they wanted,in and out quick. i would put razor blades aroud the next amps. as soon as they touch it.. OUCH!! call local hospitals to see if anyone has been in for hand wounds. you have dna :)

Edited by foiler1

Would a system like this one do you any good?

I have no complaints after having it installed for 6 months and not a single false alarm or failure.

I just tested it this past weekend and it's doing what it should if the alarm gets tripped.

Ya I would definetly move the boat to a more secure facility. A new lock that would be tougher to cut and any type of security device that makes a lot of noise and/or lights will help to prevent potential thiefs. Even if you put up a sign that suggests you have some kind of security system in place it may help. To me it seems they were looking for something specific and if they did come back for more of your things and saw a tough lock to cut and something suggesting a security system they may not bother breaking in.

I am in no way saying these are fool proof, but they may prevent some theifs from trying to steal your stuff saving you some trouble. You don't leave it out in the open because just anyone could take it. So you protect it from weather and theifs by locking it in a storage facility. Well now someone has shown even that is not enough to prevent low end theifs from stealing stuff. I would say step up your game a little so that if someone really wants it they are going to have to risk more and work harder. I bet they will find an easier target if you take more counter measures.

I wish you the best going forward.

Have you seen the "Saw" movies? Some great ideas in there about what other tactics you could use to deter thieves.

haha good point. you could buy a dummy and stick it in the their too. might give the theifs a scare next time if they look in and there is a human figure. maybe they will have a heart attack or something, it is much easier to catch a dead guy.

in all actuality it is probably someone within the facility sounds like they know too much of the inner workings...install everything as new take it out show it off, return the boat and camp out inside with the proper artilery, this should work haha

seriously sorry for your loss, move the boat x2

It sucks, but we almost expect it every winter. We've had the stereo taken out of the Bu twice, the pontoon was hit once, an outboard stolen from a small fishing boat. When you store toys somewhere other than your home, which I gather most do, it's tough to stop the thieves. They know no one is watching.

Sorry to hear you got hit.

J