Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

mewbu

windy1

Just purchased 2001 sunsetter and have a few questions for the seasond veterans. what is the differance in the reg sunsetter and the LX or LXI. what is a monsoon V8 is it just more haorspower? I used to sell Mastercrafts back in the day so I am familiar with directdrives but new to malibu. been nursing an old I/O for the past 8 or so years and finnally gave up and decided to get a real boat. Looking forward to spring.

Just purchased 2001 sunsetter and have a few questions for the seasond veterans. what is the differance in the reg sunsetter and the LX or LXI. what is a monsoon V8 is it just more haorspower? I used to sell Mastercrafts back in the day so I am familiar with directdrives but new to malibu. been nursing an old I/O for the past 8 or so years and finnally gave up and decided to get a real boat. Looking forward to spring.

Differences: 8" in length, 1/2" in beam, 100lbs in weight, and 3 gallons in fuel.

2001 Specs

The ’01 SLX (also called wakesetter, Sunkicker, I-ride in different model years) is on the non-diamond hull, while still a good ski wake the diamond hull on the SLXI smoothes the wake out and makes it softer. The monsoon (325HP) is an upgraded engine w/ EFI vs the 310 Vortec was carbureted but booth based on the GM 350 (5.7L) block.

The previous post identified the spec differences in the hull width/length and fuel capacity. The SLXI while a larger boat has the same wetted surface length wise as the SLX due to the cantilevered truck w/ an 18 Cu. Ft. trunk.

The SLX is a solid all around performer enjoy and welcome to the Crew.

Thanks, My Boat is not an LXi but does have the monsoon and a wedge. I'm OK with shorter and lighter with a shorter step from the deck into the boat. It was the wedge that finally tipped the scale to the malibu over the mastercraft. seems much easier with skiers and wakeboarders in the same boat. Thanks for the info.

Thanks, My Boat is not an LXi but does have the monsoon and a wedge. I'm OK with shorter and lighter with a shorter step from the deck into the boat. It was the wedge that finally tipped the scale to the malibu over the mastercraft. seems much easier with skiers and wakeboarders in the same boat. Thanks for the info.

the wedge is what sold me for the same reason, fill the center ballest for the kids to ride with the wedge up as well. Welcome to the crew and enjoy your new toy.

REW