Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Drain Plug

Broke the Brass T-Handle on my thru hull drain plug that is located under the v-drive on my '04 Wakesetter. Any idea on where I can order one?

I know I can make the trek to the Malibu dealer but I am on the road traveling the next few weeks and it is easier to order if I can find a source.

It's definitely a 3/4, i don't think the o-ring style came out until 2006.

It should be this one but I'm not 100% sure.

-Paul

Our 05 was built in Feb. and has the O-ring style.

To be safe, but both and return the wrong one.

Edited by onamission

Our 05 was built in Feb. and has the O-ring style.

To be safe, but both and return the wrong one.

Is there a wrench to take the plugs out? cant get my middle T plug out becuase it was over tightened i guess, also cant get a good grip because of the ballast pumps.

Is there a wrench to take the plugs out? cant get my middle T plug out becuase it was over tightened i guess, also cant get a good grip because of the ballast pumps.

If you look at the base of the plug (above the threaded part) you will noticed that there is a hex Head there that you can put a 9/16 open end wrench on.

PS: If you are needing a wrench to remove your T-plugs, they are getting put in way too tight.

Paul

Try "much less than copious" doses of PB Blaster and let is soak for a bit. That should help free it up for removal. Don't ever put it in that firmly, it's not needed.

Edited by Baddog

If you look at the base of the plug (above the threaded part) you will noticed that there is a hex Head there that you can put a 9/16 open end wrench on.

PS: If you are needing a wrench to remove your T-plugs, they are getting put in way too tight.

Paul

That's for sure! Our middle T plug gets pulled every time we leave the lake and it comes out nice and easy.

I don't know how crazy I'd get with PB blaster and letting it sit on the "unfinished" gel/glass.

One should NEVER go crazy with PB Blaster. Face it, the stuff stinks huge. You only need to put enough on to soak the threads in question, nothing more. And wipe up the excess because it stinks huge. Trust me on this.

Edited by Baddog

Try "much less than copious" doses of PB Blaster and let is soak for a bit. That should help free it up for removal. Don't ever put it in that firmly, it's not needed.

sounds good ill will try that and keep you updated, never taken it out so hopefully wasnt over tighted, seems like the best point to drain

sounds good ill will try that and keep you updated, never taken it out so hopefully wasnt over tighted, seems like the best point to drain

If the plug has never been removed, when you do get it out you might want to do a strenuous wire brushing of both thread surfaces so it goes in, and comes out much easier next time.

Edited by Baddog
  • 3 weeks later...

It's definitely a 3/4, i don't think the o-ring style came out until 2006.

It should be this one but I'm not 100% sure.

-Paul

Hey Paul, do you sell the hull fitting as well? I've thought in the past about adding one of these to my ski locker to facilitate draining. May not be worth the effort - currently using a hand pump to empty it out.

Question: (dont mean to high jack thread)

I have 07 vride, it only has two drain plugs, one t handle mid by the belly balast and the one in the transom. All the literature i read says there should be one under the vdrive? I do not have one there?

should i?

Shawn