Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Interior Throttle / Radio Panel

rmontgomery

I have an 02 Sunsetter and the interior panel that the throttle and radio mount in has seen better days on my boat. I called Waterski America here in Dallas, TX and Daryll Moore's Marine in Houston, TX and was told that Malibu is no longer offering some parts for boats older than 04 or 05 and this particular part is one of them. I have a few questions on this. 1. Is this true? 2. Am I getting the run around from these guys because they don't want to deal with it? 3. If it is true, anyone know where I could get this fixed? 4. Anyone know of a boat salvage place that may have one of these?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rm

I doubt they would be turning down work. The panels you want are common for a few years but they are getting to be a few years old. Malibu is not like the auto dealer's warehouse suppliers, they just don't keep that sort of thing on hand for that long. You might find a dealer that has one but that would be a hard search. Is it the the panel it's self that's bad or the vinyl needing replacing?

I have an 02 Sunsetter and the interior panel that the throttle and radio mount in has seen better days on my boat. I called Waterski America here in Dallas, TX and Daryll Moore's Marine in Houston, TX and was told that Malibu is no longer offering some parts for boats older than 04 or 05 and this particular part is one of them. I have a few questions on this. 1. Is this true? 2. Am I getting the run around from these guys because they don't want to deal with it? 3. If it is true, anyone know where I could get this fixed? 4. Anyone know of a boat salvage place that may have one of these?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

rm

Dock's Marina in Budd lake, NJ does a lot of boat disassembly prior to junking them. If anyone would have that part as salvage it might be these guys.

• 5 weeks later...

thanks for getting back to me on this. It is the panel itself. Our boat stereo was stolen and they beat the panel up when they were getting it out. It is cracked and broken up. I've now been trying to get in touch w/ Chee at Malibu since I was told he has these patterns. Any other suggestions?

thanks,

Richard

I doubt they would be turning down work. The panels you want are common for a few years but they are getting to be a few years old. Malibu is not like the auto dealer's warehouse suppliers, they just don't keep that sort of thing on hand for that long. You might find a dealer that has one but that would be a hard search. Is it the the panel it's self that's bad or the vinyl needing replacing?

• 2 weeks later...