Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

escape 23 lsv?

xjay

first of all hi, i am new to the bu crew forum,

thought this would be the right place

i am looking at purchasing an escape 23 lsv

it is a 2000 model mls, no wedge, no tower, heater,trailer

perfect condition 95hrs

nice price too!

my question is will this make a decent wake boat if we add the tower and more ballast?

thanks guys/girls

I had a 2001 and it made a decent wake. If it only has the 325 hp, then it takes longer to plane with weight. I had Malibu in Loudon add stock ballast in rear and ski locker, the we would add 400# in front of rear seat in floor, the 275# in walkway and wake was nice. Too much in rear makes it sluggish

post-161-126204450173_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malibuman

I've been looking at/researching the 00-03 LSVs recently. What I have found would indicate that with weight (lots), it puts out a great wake for all but the best boarders. The hull is the same design as used on the 04-07 Diamond hull boats. I think I know the boat you are looking at and it has the 383, so getting on plane would not be an issue. If we were a little more ready to purchase, that boat would be gone already (and yes, it is in immaculate condition). Biggest drawbacks i have found are the coolers in the bow (both sides) make under seat ballast a problem unless you use lead, and the overall cost of adding the wakeboard gear (tower, ballast, PP), as they often have none of it, or center ballast at best. I've seen video of the surf wake and a pic of the WB wake, and both were impressive.

Below is a pic of a 2001 23LSV (same hull) wake

232117.jpg

Edited by AidansDad

The engine it's most likely the monsoon (325HP) as that was the standard engine at the time, with the stock ballast getting on plane isn’t bad but add more weight and I’d recommend repropping it to OJ 475 if you still cruise some distance to your ride spot, or better yet the OJ 468 no hole shot problems but your top end and fuel consumption is a bit worse. The HH 383 wasn’t available (the old HH 365HP came out in ‘01) until ’05.

Put a wedge on it, reprop with an ACME 537 or 1235, or similiar OJ and the ballast recommended in the other posts and you will have an enjoyable boat.

With those modifications you would have the Wakesetter LSV package.

Enjoy it!

Edited by dlb

thanks for all the input guys.

this lsv does have the upgraded engine 375hp?

been specing out the stereo

also contacted dealer and they can do the factory titan tower for about $1k

also will be adding rear ballast and bow ballast

Edited by xjay

the v ride belongs to a friend, i have the lake house so it stays here...he mentioned selling it in the fall so i have started my search, i have a 2yr old as well and wanted something with a bit more room

we have always referred to the boat as ours since i help so much in transporting and caring for the boat (he doesnt even have a truck)

this v ride is what led me to BUs

as stated before i have always been a CC guy, but 3 summers on the v ride and I'm not only impressed i am a believer

the v ride belongs to a friend, i have the lake house so it stays here...he mentioned selling it in the fall so i have started my search, i have a 2yr old as well and wanted something with a bit more room

we have always referred to the boat as ours since i help so much in transporting and caring for the boat (he doesnt even have a truck)

as stated before i have always been a CC guy, but 3 summers on the v ride and I'm not only impressed i am a believer

Welcome to the congregation.

Have you been in any other bu's? The vRide is great but it only gets better!!!

My cousins have a 2002 LSV and it feels way more plush and classier looking even compared to my 06 vRide.

Edited by Ndawg12

well i have been in an 07 wakesetter

i'm not purchasing the v-ride

lookin at an escape 23lsv feels very plush and luxurious open feel.

When you say '07 Wakesetter, which model are your referencing since the "wakesetter" model no longer is specific to any particular model.

i guess it was a 23 lsv i know it was a wakesetter though or had the package

sorry about my rookiness on the models, i do make up for it behind em though

No worries just wanted to make sure you're comparing apples to apples, the nomenclature that Malibu has used over the years is confusing.