Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

tower racks--whats best??

shuswap99

We just bought a 2007 VLX S.E. It did not come with board racks. What brand should I be looking at. Is there 2 different spots on the tower to mount them? upper and lower? Whats best? Im pretty sure its a illusion x tower. I think I want one wake rack and one surf board rack. Also, where is the best place to buy speaker cans??? thanks in advance for the help.

We just bought a 2007 VLX S.E. It did not come with board racks. What brand should I be looking at. Is there 2 different spots on the tower to mount them? upper and lower? Whats best? Im pretty sure its a illusion x tower. I think I want one wake rack and one surf board rack. Also, where is the best place to buy speaker cans??? thanks in advance for the help.

welcome to the site. Post up a pic of your boat, lets see the color combo.

I have the titan swivel racks and really like them. If you back into a tight spot, it is nice to swing them in and for loading them up and changing boards it is easier as well. The thinner skim surf boards like the phase 5 fit into the regular racks just fine.

I just bought an 09 vlx which came with the Titan swivel racks, I really like the look and how well they work. I am just replacing them with the Titan combo wakeboard/surf racks though. My surf boards are the thicker ones. As far as the speaker cans, I'm not sure where the best deal is.

I just bought an 09 vlx which came with the Titan swivel racks, I really like the look and how well they work. I am just replacing them with the Titan combo wakeboard/surf racks though. My surf boards are the thicker ones. As far as the speaker cans, I'm not sure where the best deal is.

My wife just got me a set of Bullet Lines, I think with the rotating mount they were about 684.98 for two. I'm not sure if thats a great deal, But it was a christmas gift so I'm not going to complain.... They have a mount for Illusion X Tower also. Heres the link. http://www.bulletlin...rack-p/1027.htm

Edited by VLX04

I vote for Titan after having quite a few different brand the Titan spinners are the only ones that really work Thumbup.gif

Ya those are nice, But they are pretty proud of them...750.00 per, That seems like a lot of bank for racks....

Ya those are nice, But they are pretty proud of them...750.00 per, That seems like a lot of bank for racks....

After having Nice racks spinning racks for a short time, Then trying Metcraft rotating racks nothing compares to the Titan if spinning rack is what your after.

Titans are great racks. Sampson now has a spinner for the Illusion tower that is as nice or nicer. For speakers bullet 770`s or 650`s would be my recommendation. If your on a budget I have a great hook up for a new spinner coming to the market. It is a spinner only and will work with any and all racks. Should be available the first of the year and will definitely beat every one Else's price. Thumbup.gif

P.s. welcome to the crew!

Welcome to the crew site!

My vote would be for the Samson Spinner Rack with Titan Wake Accessories in second. Samson definitely did their homework and built the rack right. They fit and operate really smooth. Titan's look really nice and appear with a "factory" look to them.

I know Skylon and Nice Rack have a spinner but i haven't had a chance to spend any time using them yet.

-Paul

Here is a Picture of my new bullet lines wakeboard rack. It is not pictured with the rotating mount, To me these look nice & are well built. For the $$ I think they are a good buy.

post-11477-126198175197_thumb.gif

Edited by VLX04

Here is a Picture of my new bullet lines wakeboard rack. It is not pictured with the rotating mount, To me these look nice & are well built. For the $ I think they are a good buy.

Wow those look just like our Skylon racks I got two years ago. They weren't priced bad at all as it was a closeout deal. I think they were $150 a pop. Our are not spinners though.

Edited by martinarcher

Titans are great racks. Sampson now has a spinner for the Illusion tower that is as nice or nicer. For speakers bullet 770`s or 650`s would be my recommendation. If your on a budget I have a great hook up for a new spinner coming to the market. It is a spinner only and will work with any and all racks. Should be available the first of the year and will definitely beat every one Else's price. Thumbup.gif

P.s. welcome to the crew!

Thanks for reminding me of the Sampsons :Doh: After seeing the pics of 06VLX new racks ive been considering changing mine to those. The mrs keeps saying leave it alone. Not in my vocab :)

Welcome to the crew site!

My vote would be for the Samson Spinner Rack with Titan Wake Accessories in second. Samson definitely did their homework and built the rack right. They fit and operate really smooth. Titan's look really nice and appear with a "factory" look to them.

I know Skylon and Nice Rack have a spinner but i haven't had a chance to spend any time using them yet.

-Paul

Plus1.gif Samson or Titan are the best 2 manufacturers. Remember Malibu owns Titan now. You should be able to get a better deal through your dealer.... everything else is just that... Second best.