Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft X-25

skurfer

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill_AirJunky

• wakeboy

• hco

• skurfer

Exactly. Look at the Pastrana car jump vids and the CSX that picks him up off of the jet ski. 6 or so grown men in front of the console and the front "plank" is nearly touching water with no waves. Tips of the pickle fork about 3-4" above the water. When they say 6, they obviously mean maybe 1 or 2 small adults and the rest little ones.

The CSX is a direct drive and the X-25 is a v drive. With the engine (1000 LBS+ piece of mass) in the rear I would imagine that is going to help keep the bow up substantially compared to the CSX.

The X-25 is only 21.5 feet long, and houses a 16 person capacity rating, which has been certified by the United States Coast Gaurd. The VLX is only rated for 11 people, 23 LSV is rated for 13 people. If we wanted that kind of seating capacity in one of our Malibu's we would be forced to buy a 247. All of these bodies have to go somewhere, hands down more people fit in a pickle fork than a traditional v-style bow. Even if 16 people don't comfortably fit, think of the amount of extra ballast that thing can competently handle? Rockon.gif

The illusion tower has it flaws as well.

-To low for normal sized people

-Bimini, lets just not go there

-bushings get sloppy

-Paint flakes easily

-For 2010 it seems like the new design keeps production costs down.

The X-25 seems to be innovative, innovation drives change from competitors. At the end of the day we can see that our industry is trying to grow and better serve us consumers! If this didn't happen we would all still be rockin closed bows with no creature comforts!

martinarcher

That is one of the differences between MC and Malibu. They are not the same company going after the exact same clientel. Makes the comparisons between the two companies and how many units they have sold worthless.

I understand Mastercraft makes some other non-water sports boats, but he two companies are the top two wakeboard boat manufacturers in the world. If that's not competition I'm not sure what is. Dontknow.gif

The X-25 is only 21.5 feet long, and houses a 16 person capacity rating, which has been certified by the United States Coast Gaurd.

Maybe thats because it fits 5 people in the bow. Dontknow.gif

It will be interesting to see if it really fits 16 normal sized people in the boat. I've had 14 in the Vride & it was a joke.

The CSX is a direct drive and the X-25 is a v drive. With the engine (1000 LBS+ piece of mass) in the rear I would imagine that is going to help keep the bow up substantially compared to the CSX.

The X-25 is only 21.5 feet long, and houses a 16 person capacity rating, which has been certified by the United States Coast Gaurd. The VLX is only rated for 11 people, 23 LSV is rated for 13 people. If we wanted that kind of seating capacity in one of our Malibu's we would be forced to buy a 247.

Not that it changes your point, but I thought the 23LSV was rated for 14 people?

I understand Mastercraft makes some other non-water sports boats, but he two companies are the top two wakeboard boat manufacturers in the world. If that's not competition I'm not sure what is. Dontknow.gif

That was not my point. My point was that comparing who sold more units last year isn't an apples to apples comparison since Mastercraft and Malibu don't each have a boat in the exact same markets. Toyota and Honda are very similar companies that often compete in the same markets, however Honda doesn't heavy duty pickups, so comparing who sold more total units wouldn't make for a fair comparison.

That was not my point. My point was that comparing who sold more units last year isn't an apples to apples comparison since Mastercraft and Malibu don't each have a boat in the exact same markets. Toyota and Honda are very similar companies that often compete in the same markets, however Honda doesn't heavy duty pickups, so comparing who sold more total units wouldn't make for a fair comparison.

I didn't know Toyota made an HD pickup. I've got an 07 Tundra, it's nice but far from heavy duty!!

I didn't know Toyota made an HD pickup. I've got an 07 Tundra, it's nice but far from heavy duty!!

Oh excuse me, what I meant by heavy duty was a pickup that is more of a work truck than say the Honda Ridgeline.

Hehe, funny you mention that.

ROFL.gifROFL.gif I never get sick of seeing a Japanese truck shown for what it really is.

If you are serious about a heavy duty truck or towing, buy a American made truck. USA.gif Don't get me wrong, as far as a small truck I think the Tacoma takes the cake.

I own a ford.gif.

Oh excuse me, what I meant by heavy duty was a pickup that is more of a work truck than say the Honda Ridgeline.

Hehe, funny you mention that.

haha, that Yota has hydraulics on the bed...old skool lowrider style!

ROFL.gifROFL.gif I never get sick of seeing a Japanese truck shown for what it really is.

If you are serious about a heavy duty truck or towing, buy a American made truck. USA.gif Don't get me wrong, as far as a small truck I think the Tacoma takes the cake.

I own a ford.gif.

about time you guys hijacked this MC topic....what took you so long.

One question why was the video split screen? That is a weak marketing ploy by Ford to say the least. There is a reason that is on YouTube and not plastered across the real electronic media market. Just as thier F150 is so called rated for 11k towing, which is a blatent lie. Tundra is not a Japanese truck, 100% built in San Antonio, TX.

One question why was the video split screen? That is a weak marketing ploy by Ford to say the least. There is a reason that is on YouTube and not plastered across the real electronic media market. Just as thier F150 is so called rated for 11k towing, which is a blatent lie. Tundra is not a Japanese truck, 100% built in San Antonio, TX.

ROFL.gif

lets keep it straight though......it is assembled in texas. Does not mean that parts were made there.

Everyone focuses on where truck trucks are built which is important, but I'm an engineer and know that there is a lot of $$ and time in the engineering. The Tundra sure wasn't engineered in the US.

The ford.gif was. USA.gif

Edited by martinarcher

Everyone focuses on where truck trucks are built which is important, but I'm an engineer and know that there is a lot of $$ and time in the engineering. The Tundra sure wasn't engineered in the US.

The ford.gif was. USA.gif

Ford trucks have outsold all others for 33 years , and it isnt because of price!

If I suddenly came into some money I would say that I would have to look at them.....maybe even test one. I still doubt I would buy one because I think what MC has been doing with interiors, dash layouts, towers is just plain ugly. Crazy.gif

Someone said Nautiques look like tupperware, that is kinda true.

Which leaves only one manufacture left... Thumbup.gif

My wife and I are toying with the idea of buying a new tow vehicle, and the Ford is close to the top of our list - especially because of the 11k tow rating.

Why do you call the rating a lie? I'm just trying to gather all the facts before we make up our mind.

Edited by RedOwl