Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mastercraft X-25

skurfer

Full disclosure: I do own a 2005 MC X2, may have to get a VTX, tho! (I like to think of myself as a MC owner, without the attitude that some MC owners/dealers have been know to have:) I took a quick glance at the rules and I couldn't find one that I'm breaking, but if I am, feel free to delete this thread. I'm not trying to troll, just getting your thoughts. I personally like it, but I don't know if it's worth more than a X-15, VLX or say $30k more than a MB TWB. Discuss......

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill_AirJunky

• wakeboy

• hco

• skurfer

I didnt see/hear anything mentioned about onboard ballast??

I much prefer my giant storage lockers in the back. I did like the hinge on the cooler cushion.

i watched it without the sound so maybe missed some of the good stuff...

sorry, this is probably not the review you would get at the other tmc site.

• not a fan of the pickle fork.
    do not care for the small rear lockers, (there is no way a 750 will fit in there);
    have never liked the tower;
    doesn't look like enough room to stretch out in the front (see 59 second mark and again at 1:59, she could be really tall i guess);
    don't like the way the rear sundeck is broken up by the extra wide walk-over pad (may be an option though);
    the flip up seats at the back would be good for fishing from (don't really see another use);
    the surf wake at 1:22 is too small for that size of boat (see small rear locker comment);
    please tell me this isn't the first year they came out with that innovative flip down drink holder (center, rear seat)
    4:00 min mark, was the ski pylon removed for this shoot?
    deep v hull on a towboat doesn't seem right to me, unless it is built as a surf machine.
    ...i do like the hinge setup on the seat above the beverage cooler :)

It's a nice looking boat as far as color combo.

One thing that keeps me away is manufacturers that make over zealous, proprietary towers that will only accommodate 2 board racks. What good is it to have 9 people on your boat if you can only carry 4 boards in your racks?

Last, I can't believe they never showed the dashboard. Dontknow.gif

No doubt that's a well thought our boat. Not a fan of the pickel fork bow though.

I like the walk through on the sun pad - keeps the vinyl from getting overly owrn from traffic. I know the DD rear seats are the first to go due to the heavy traffic from getting in and out of the boat.

I love the cooler idea. The rear facing backrest on the in-boat seating is cool, but the flip up back on the rear (feet on teak deck) seats would be almost worthless for our crew.

I love the fact that Mastercraft threw a real teak deck on it. They get high marks from me on that one.

I absolutely hate their tower though. Nobody beats the looks of a Malibu tower, plus like said above you can go with more than two board racks. Our boat only holds 6 people and we have 4 racks. Crazy.gif

Nice sales women though.

You must be talking about Zane Crazy.gif ? How many times did he say "cool" in video? That guy just rubs me wrong...

I'm really surprised to see Mastercraft coming out with a new model, They were in big trouble last year. They had to of dug really deep for the cash to R&D that boat, that or they had a ton of SSV hulls built and needed to figure out a way to get rid of them.

Interesting ideas but I feel that Malibu has them beat still by a long shot.

-Paul

Not really into that boat. I think the flip up rear seats are cool, but not at the cost of the space they eat up.No.gif Pickle fork Vomit.gifNo.gif Cooler, wow that is a lot of space for the size cooler you get in the end. I would not call that leading edge design.No.gif Backrest, lets face it things like that are always hokey. Why not just have it molded in or permanent? Dontknow.gif Armrest in front, kind of cool. Small cargo hatches No.gif, single large hatch No.gif, tower No.gif graphics heck No.gif That is just MHO of course. Guess you can see why I bought a Malibu.

Edited by MalibuTime

I liked how well they looked Biggrin.gif

I see that rear seating being used while people are surfing and tickets being handed out.

Oil that teak up & when someone sits in those seats, see if they can stay put. Tease.gif

It looks like the marketing department couldn't agree on what to incude so they included everything.

Lots of stuff that works well in the show room, but becomes a PITA on the water when you are trying to actually do something.

This boat is going to be a big hit. Roomier than the X-star, has the new CSX v-hull (one of the best newest hulls on the market), family oriented, and has all the bells and whistles and nice touches of MC's.

To whomever was talking about lack of board racks/space: in the big storage area underneath the passenger side dash we have fit 2 wakeboards w/binders and I think even 3 (definitely 2) surfboards under there. There is still plenty of space.

Soon2- Just wondering what you think will not be practical once it leaves the showroom.

personally, i think that there are some nice 'creature comforts' that they are trying to offer. It seems to me that MC is trying to take on Malibu as well as Cobalt. i have seen a lot of people who would have traditionally been I/O buyers, moving more towards V-drives because of the versatility/safety/reliability. Many of these buyers may not be hardcore wakeboarders/skiiers/surfers, but would like to have an inboard specifically for safety / reliability (http://www.malibuboats.com/boats/difference/vdrive). i think it would be nice to see some of these features included in the sunscape series to set it apart more as a luxuary run about/sport boat. things like the anchor locker, bow ladder, shocks on all of the seats, and even the pass through to the rear locker are all nice features IMHO.

And the astronomical sticker price is?....

It is a bit gimicky, if you ask me. A lot of "creaeture comforts" to break and wear out. Sometimes less is more. Consider this is coming from a Response owner that barely has enough storage for CG approved life vests. So extra storage is nice, but dont overthink it.

It is too short for that pickle for bow and looks goofy as hell.

Again, what is the astronomical price of Mastercraft's next "greatest boat of all time"? It is hard to review the boat unless you have something to comapre it to, price being a major factor of added value.

Edited by stroker-ace

It is a bit gimicky, if you ask me. A lot of "creaeture comforts" to break and wear out. Sometimes less is more. Consider this is coming from a Response owner that barely has enough storage for CG approved life vests. So extra storage is nice, but dont overthink it.

Again, what is the astronomical price of Mastercraft's next "greatest boat of all time"? It is hard to review the boat unless you have something to comapre it to, price being a major factor of added value.

What's the price optioned for an average boat?

This sounds like a typical biased look towards the boat. Again, what creature comforts do you think, and have some kind of proof to support this opinion, will break and wear out? Less is more, yes, but you can get MC's without crazy tower video cameras and stuff like that.

Price wise with some options you'll be looking at 75kish. This number also seems ridiculous to you as a response owner, but there is alot more boat than a response with alot more features that actually make the boat useful for anything beyond waterskiing (I own a response as well, and the boat sucks to entertain with, wakeboard with, and wakesurf with, although you can 'do' all of the aforementioned).