Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anybody ever had a boat custom painted?

lowbugetwake

I have never seen a boat painted before. I know people use shrink wraps on their boats. There are even a few people on this site that have them. Might be a better alternative cause then you can just take it off if you ever get tired of it. If your interested check out this site. My link

I have never seen a boat painted before. I know people use shrink wraps on their boats. There are even a few people on this site that have them. Might be a better alternative cause then you can just take it off if you ever get tired of it. If your interested check out this site. My link

Wow... the wraps seem really cool... and u can pretty much get anything printed on them... What's the lifespan? and will they ever start peeling like on the bottom or if it gets rubbed by a bumper...? Do you know the cost to do a boat my size...?

Thanks

Will

You will have a lot less trouble with a wrap than paint. My bass boat is wrapped its great every few years when its time to sell just peel it off looks new under. I have a old hondo flatty that is painted works great right up until it get scratched then the paint is done once the water gets behind the paint starts bubbling. I would lean towards a wrap if you are going to use your boat! JMO