Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

More bow weight in 23lsv

saundo

We currently have a 09 lsv and just ride with stock ballast, we cannot use the wedge when there are only two people in the boat, the nose bounces and it is imposible to keep rope tension. My question is where are people plumbing in more weight up front, i would much rather not have bags on seats, however we have a bow tank, can we fit more weight in the bow if i remove the hard tank and plumb in bags, or are we going to have to suck it up and sit a bag on the seat, if so how much. what configurations have people found to work best. oh and we usually ride at 75-80 ft at 22mph if that makes a difference.

cheers

We currently have a 09 lsv and just ride with stock ballast, we cannot use the wedge when there are only two people in the boat, the nose bounces and it is imposible to keep rope tension. My question is where are people plumbing in more weight up front, i would much rather not have bags on seats, however we have a bow tank, can we fit more weight in the bow if i remove the hard tank and plumb in bags, or are we going to have to suck it up and sit a bag on the seat, if so how much. what configurations have people found to work best. oh and we usually ride at 75-80 ft at 22mph if that makes a difference.

cheers

Check out this thread. Sounds like Arty_36 has some bags in the bow. PM him and maybe he can help you with some ideas on installing some bow ballast. I'm headed that way myself with doing some custom bags in the bow. Good luck :-)

None of the hulls in the previous posts are anything remotely similar to the 09 23 lsv hull, apples and oranges comparison.

If you currently have bow ballast you cannot remove it and plumb in ballast bags because the tank is the seat base for the bow cushions.

There is nowhere up front to plumb in bow ballast but you could stick some lead in the combing pockets up front, you should be able to fit a couple hundred pounds at least if that's what you want to do.

I don't have the same issue you're talking about with my boat, I've pulled wakeboarders several times full mls and wedge down without porpoising. Are you sure your center and bow tank are filling completely? Check your speedo to make sure it isn't off, sounds like it probably is. You can calibrate it when you're out on the boat if you have a handheld gps.

First thing I would do is to make sure your ballast tanks are filling completely and calibrate your speedo in malibucruise.