Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tears in Upholstry

I have tears (small, about an inch) accross the top of the back seat cushion where the seat meets the fiberglass. Looks like where previous owner was stepping a lot. Can I order a new cover that matches my boat and have an upholsterer install it? or should I have the upholsterer try and repair it?

Merry Christmas

Edited by MBJ

I have tears (small, about an inch) accross the top of the back seat cushion where the seat meets the fiberglass. Looks like where previous owner was stepping a lot. Can I order a new cover that matches my boat and have an upholsterer install it? or should I have the upholsterer try and repair it?

Merry Christmas

I"d say ask the upholsterer. They'll be able to help determine if it needs a new one, or if they can come up with a creative repair. Good luck!

I also had small tears in my 2000 sunsetter lxi as did a friend with a 96 echelon here in scotland.got in touch with GT industries in US they sent samples for both boats then i purchased materials direct and had them sent DHS to scotland.great matches on both boats once upholsterer was finished also great service from GT Industries.

Regards Donald from Scotland

I also had small tears in my 2000 sunsetter lxi as did a friend with a 96 echelon here in scotland.got in touch with GT industries in US they sent samples for both boats then i purchased materials direct and had them sent DHS to scotland.great matches on both boats once upholsterer was finished also great service from GT Industries.

Regards Donald from Scotland

Thanks. Do you have any contact info. There are a lot of GT Industries on the web.

Chee has many Malibu patterns and has provided recovers for many TMC members, that is a good optio for recover. I think he works/worked at Merced covering seats, and he has access to lots and lots of patterns, so search the site for "Chee" and you should be able to find contact info. That is going to probably get you the best/closest fit and it shouldn't be too hard to install them yourself. To have a professional vinyl repair done just on that one tear will probably run $175-$200 and you will still have the rest of the seat covered in old vinyl and be at higher risk of damage since it is old to start with.

my filing systems not as good when the wifes out anyway further info is GT Industries Marine Specialities Group Maryville TN 37801 tel 1-800-247-9901 i might not have mentioned but i contacted malibu with hull no. first to check what original spec was. good luck donald

my filing systems not as good when the wifes out anyway further info is GT Industries Marine Specialities Group Maryville TN 37801 tel 1-800-247-9901 i might not have mentioned but i contacted malibu with hull no. first to check what original spec was. good luck donald

Thank you very much!