Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shower/Heater in an older Malibu

gmoneycrf450

I have a '96 Malibu Response LX and I'm wondering if I can install a shower and/or heater in my boat. If anyone on here has done this before can you let me know where you go your parts and if you have any pictures of your installation that would be much appreciated.

I have a '96 Malibu Response LX and I'm wondering if I can install a shower and/or heater in my boat. If anyone on here has done this before can you let me know where you go your parts and if you have any pictures of your installation that would be much appreciated.

Don't have the how to info but I do have both the heater and shower on my boat and I can honestly say that the heater is an absolute must have, but the shower is not. Unless you plan to do the Santa ski stuff in the "real" cold areas of the country, I don't think the shower adds much, other than a PITA to care for during winterization.

I have a 2004 Wakesetter and going to install a Heater Craft 200 H series heater. I am looking for pictures of an installation that would help with the connections to the engine. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be installing a shower on my 98response this summer. If you do a search on this side for "cooling system", you'll see links to the mastercraft site with pics and descriptions.

Both and they are very easy to do. Complete kits are available from several suppliers (SkiDim, Overtons, Barts, Bakes, Heatercraft, West Marine . . .) and if you are industrious you can make them yourself from available componentry.

For the shower, you need to tap in to the block drain fitting for the hot water source, the inlet line for the cold water. Basically, T those lines together via a proportioning valve and feed to a pump that pushes the water through a shower head.

For the heater, you need to take the water that is exiting the intake manifold to the exhaust manifolds or just before the Tstat and run that through a heater core that sits in a box with a couple of pancake fans to move the air through the core and out the box where you want it to go.

As noted, you can search for install instructions here and I think the fifteenoff website might have some info also.