Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

mux switches

Chia

Does anyone know if a mux switch can be programmed to work with just the extra ballast that a person installs on the boat.

I see bakes sells them by the left and right side, not sure if this is for fit or if they are pre-programmed for those positions.

Does anyone know if a mux switch can be programmed to work with just the extra ballast that a person installs on the boat.

I see bakes sells them by the left and right side, not sure if this is for fit or if they are pre-programmed for those positions.

I wouldn't see why not you just wouldn't have the auto shut off feature. Are you talking about doing away with the stock tanks totally or just adding ballast in addition to? All you would have to do is disconnect the stock pumps and wire in the aftermarket to that wiring. The mux would then be an on/off switch.

I wouldn't see why not you just wouldn't have the auto shut off feature. Are you talking about doing away with the stock tanks totally or just adding ballast in addition to? All you would have to do is disconnect the stock pumps and wire in the aftermarket to that wiring. The mux would then be an on/off switch.

you have an auto off feature?? i do not.

no this would just be for a 750 in each trunk, a 400 on top of each of the 750's and the tube sac under the seat, so 5 more sacs.

I will be using one fill pump per sac and one drain pump per sac.

you have an auto off feature?? i do not.

no this would just be for a 750 in each trunk, a 400 on top of each of the 750's and the tube sac under the seat, so 5 more sacs.

I will be using one fill pump per sac and one drain pump per sac.

I've got the auto off, part of the rider pre-sets function. Sounds like yours will be pretty easy then, just change out the fuse in the panel for the ballast pumps and you're good.

Just as an FYI, you can add/change/delete each of the switch positions on either MUX switch. (Except for horn)

Peter

thanks Peter. will i be able to put my own description of what the switch controls, ie: "goofy 750".

Cervelo - Earlier this year, I added an additional ballast fill pump to my 2009 247, and wanted to run it through the MUX panel (I wanted to run it on its own, not hook it up to the same fuse and have it run simultaneously with any other pumps). The problem I encountered was that when I crawled under the steering wheel and looked, there were no open fuses - not even a place to add a fuse for things which do show up on the MUX options, but which I don't have (for example, tower lights). I posted a question on the forum about can you add a new function and a new Mux switch title to the panel, and no one indicated they had been able to do it. Seemed strange to me that Malibu would set up the MUX switches so you can't add something new.

Nevertheless, I couldn't ever figure it out. If you do figure it out, I would love to know how. Right now, I have my extra fill pump running to a separate "flip" type automotive switch mounted out of sight. Thanks, and sorry I don't have more to offer. Rob

Edited by malibudog

Cervelo - Earlier this year, I added an additional ballast fill pump to my 2009 247, and wanted to run it through the MUX panel (I wanted to run it on its own, not hook it up to the same fuse and have it run simultaneously with any other pumps). The problem I encountered was that when I crawled under the steering wheel and looked, there were no open fuses - not even a place to add a fuse for things which do show up on the MUX options, but which I don't have (for example, tower lights). I posted a question on the forum about can you add a new function and a new Mux switch title to the panel, and no one indicated they had been able to do it. Seemed strange to me that Malibu would set up the MUX switches so you can't add something new.

Nevertheless, I couldn't ever figure it out. If you do figure it out, I would love to know how. Right now, I have my extra fill pump running to a separate "flip" type automotive switch mounted out of sight. Thanks, and sorry I don't have more to offer. Rob

There is one open mux position on the 2009+ boat medallion box. It is not fused from what I'm told so you have to run a relay for whatever you use it for. I'm going to be using it for my additional fill pumps, I'll let you know how it turns out.

• 3 months later...

I want to move my transom light off the interior light circuit and onto its own circuit. I have read how to activate an "AUX" on the MUX switches but I dont see where the aux wiring is located. Presumably if there is an AUX switch then there must be some wires somewhere that I can connect to a relay. Does anyone know where these are or if this is even possible? I guess my other option is to by the old style rocker switch and use that. This is for an 08VLX. Thanks

I want to move my transom light off the interior light circuit and onto its own circuit. I have read how to activate an "AUX" on the MUX switches but I dont see where the aux wiring is located. Presumably if there is an AUX switch then there must be some wires somewhere that I can connect to a relay. Does anyone know where these are or if this is even possible? I guess my other option is to by the old style rocker switch and use that. This is for an 08VLX. Thanks

You can't do it on an 08' boat. Only an option on 09'+ model years. They changed the Medallion box in 09'.

You can't do it on an 08' boat. Only an option on 09'+ model years. They changed the Medallion box in 09'.

Good to know, thank you for the reply. I will have to use a on/off old style switch then.

Good to know, thank you for the reply. I will have to use a on/off old style switch then.

If you don't have tower lights on your boat you can use the tower light output to run them.

• 2 months later...

on the 2010 LSV, how many open spots are there in the Medallion Box? I am trying to figure out how, or if, I can add in another ballast option or two to the MUX switches. I have a couple open slots on the screen but I know that doesn't necessarily mean they are available to use if the Medallion is already full. Ideally I could have one or two of them wired up just like the factory ballast (Off/Fill/Off/Drain/Off).

on the 2010 LSV, how many open spots are there in the Medallion Box? I am trying to figure out how, or if, I can add in another ballast option or two to the MUX switches. I have a couple open slots on the screen but I know that doesn't necessarily mean they are available to use if the Medallion is already full. Ideally I could have one or two of them wired up just like the factory ballast (Off/Fill/Off/Drain/Off).

There is only 1 open AUX output on the medallion box. It's a 1 amp 12v+ switched power so you have to run a relay to anything you hook to it.

There is only 1 open AUX output on the medallion box. It's a 1 amp 12v+ switched power so you have to run a relay to anything you hook to it.

So I am guessing that means I can't wire it to drain and fill then correct?