Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My new Twenty10

factoryKITTED

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• factoryKITTED

• Bobby Light

• wetsounds1

• Living the Dream

The chrome wheels look MUCH better IMHO.....

I like those so much I'm going to talk to my dealer about getting them put on my trailer. VERY NICE LOOKING!

Over and under mounting is really nice, but I just can't get over the bolt on look. Is that plate from Malibu? If not, does the Malibu plate have the same bolt on look? I hope not.........I liked the G3 until now.

Over and under mounting is really nice, but I just can't get over the bolt on look. Is that plate from Malibu? If not, does the Malibu plate have the same bolt on look? I hope not.........I liked the G3 until now.

Plate is from Wet Sounds

I just installed a pair of Pro 60's using the same plate

Edited by Living the Dream

The factory mounts for the G3 have a plate like this that Malibu supplies. So yes the factory speaker is a bolt on shelf. It is bolted on and has locations for the factory 6x9 speakers. We are building these custom plates called the "G3M" that allows you to mount any combo of our speakers from 2 pairs of PRO 60's or two pairs of PRO 80's or a combo of PRO 60/80 or the MB-8 etc...So it gives a lot of flexibility. There are different hole patterns on top. So the PRO 60 can slide back under the cross bar and gives a more staggered look. With the PRO 80's like this you have to slide them forward so the can fit. You can see the extra hole on the bottom.

On the G3 tower. There are no mounts at all on the sides like the Illusion. So the only option right now is the factory speakers on the shelf or ours on the G3M shelf, as I have not seen any other shelf mounts. However, you can go on top using the cross bar and mount speakers like on a normal tube tower.

In fact one of our dealers is doing what he calls a "5-Some"!! Two pairs of PRO 80's on the sides like kitted's boat and adding a single 485 in the center.

But I think most BU owners will opt for the mounts on the side as it has that classic BU look. But some will prefer the tube and some will use both

Tim

Wet Sounds

Plus1.gif What is Malibu thinking with that?

custom mount under the dash

i'll post pics upon completion. Im not using the JBL black box so i will likely have the ws-420 and Alpine remote incorporated into one machined piece thats chrome plated - we'll see...

Edited by factoryKITTED

Tim - which clamp are you using for the 485?

The 485 clamps that come with the 485's fit out of the box. The new stainless quick disconnect clamps for the 80 and 485 go all the way to 3 inch. (the 60 clamps will fit as well)

Tim

Wet Sounds

The factory mounts for the G3 have a plate like this that Malibu supplies. So yes the factory speaker is a bolt on shelf. It is bolted on and has locations for the factory 6x9 speakers. We are building these custom plates called the "G3M" that allows you to mount any combo of our speakers from 2 pairs of PRO 60's or two pairs of PRO 80's or a combo of PRO 60/80 or the MB-8 etc...So it gives a lot of flexibility. There are different hole patterns on top. So the PRO 60 can slide back under the cross bar and gives a more staggered look. With the PRO 80's like this you have to slide them forward so the can fit. You can see the extra hole on the bottom.

On the G3 tower. There are no mounts at all on the sides like the Illusion. So the only option right now is the factory speakers on the shelf or ours on the G3M shelf, as I have not seen any other shelf mounts. However, you can go on top using the cross bar and mount speakers like on a normal tube tower.

In fact one of our dealers is doing what he calls a "5-Some"!! Two pairs of PRO 80's on the sides like kitted's boat and adding a single 485 in the center.

But I think most BU owners will opt for the mounts on the side as it has that classic BU look. But some will prefer the tube and some will use both

Tim

Wet Sounds

Thanks for the explanation Tim. I am happy to know the bolt on speaker shelf for the G3 was not your idea. It is hard to believe the same minds that came up with Maliview came up with something as uninspired as the bolt on shelf. Ok, maybe it's just me.

Btw, I'm not crackin' on Wetsounds, kitted's boat, or Malibu. Call it (hopefully)constructive criticism.

kitted, you are going to have a ton of power so no worries at all on the mid bass. you will have plenty. whenever someone is running a HLCD speaker with too little power. This is an area that can get into some lack of mid bass as you wind up getting the compression driver to sing but not enough power to get the mid bass going and find that balance. When running good power. You have the balance of highs and lows as the speakers are designed.

Skyskier, no prob at all.

Tim

Wet Sounds

Edited by wetsounds1

All stereo discussion needs to move to the appropriate fourm heading, in this case Stereo Info - How to do.

relax