Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Years Day

MalibuTime

32 members have voted

1. 1. Have you skied, boarded, foiled etc on New Years Day?

2. 2. Are you thinking about going out 1/1/10?

• Yes - No matter what I am on the water
    • Yes- Weather permitting
    • No - What are you people nuts?
    • No- I sleep off my hangover
    • No - I watch football all day
    • No - But I would if everything wasn't frozen solid

So since I went skiing in early December I have been kicking around going out New Year's Day and skiing again or maybe wakeboarding if the weather cooperates and I can motivate some of my buddies into thinking this is something good, even a qualifying "bucket list" event. What are your plans?

I was out walking on my lake today.

I did try on a new shorty wet suit my wife is giving me for Christmas today. Had to know if it fit. Do I get any points for that? Biggrin.gif

That deserves some points since you can't do too much else. Maybe tie your rope to the post in the garage and pull on it! I put the "frozen solid" choice just for you guys in winter wonderland!

We usually go, planning on it this year before the ducks woop up on Ohio State !!

So I take it you will hit Lake Wa? We will shoot for Sammamish, underwater docks and all.

So I take it you will hit Lake Wa? We will shoot for Sammamish, underwater docks and all.

Yah, Lake Wa, is Sammamish high? Lake Washington is way low. Going tomorrow as well, looks like a break in the weather!

Edited by Green_Giant

We usually go, planning on it this year before the ducks woop up on Ohio State !!

That's funny, what time does that game start?? Because I'm watching the Bucks stomp the Ducks at 4:30pm on the same day??!! Tongue.gif

(I'm actually a Michigan fan but I gotta root for all the Big Ten teams, they suck in big/bowl games Whistling.gif )

Edited by Ndawg12

My NY always starts with a party at the lake house and a ride on NY day. We ride on a heated lake though. Some of us need that crutch. :)

Would you explain 'heated lake'???

That's funny, what time does that game start?? Because I'm watching the Bucks stomp the Ducks at 4:30pm on the same day??!! Tongue.gif

(I'm actually a Michigan fan but I gotta root for all the Big Ten teams, they suck in big/bowl games Whistling.gif )

Its been hard to watch Michigan the last two years. They are starting to show some light at the end of the tunnel. I wish the big ten teams didn't sit so long before the bowl games.

We'll probably be playing hockey on the lake on New Years day, just as we have in the past.

Unfortunately we are in a tweener state. Not quite cold enough to play hockey on the lake but way too cold to ski. We have the beginings of a skim coat of ice. I am hoping it stays cold without any snow for about a week. If it does we may have skateable ice.

Not planning on New Years, but it is looking like the AirSanta franchise is in full swing for 2009. Thumbup.gif

Plans for Lake Washington & Coeur d'Alene on Christmas Eve.

Saw the air santas gearing up as we were coming off the water on Christmas eve, what a sweet glassy morning, and those guys have a nice setup!

• 2 weeks later...

I see there are 6 others that voted that have a frozen lake like me. Our lake will be pretty solid through early March. Cry.gif I would love to get some riding in during the winter.

Yeah, after going in early December on glass, I am looking to go again. It was really fun and not really that cold with fleece and a drysuit. New Years was a blow out, wind and white caps. I could have dealt with the on and off rain, but white caps don't make for very good skiing.

Yeah, after going in early December on glass, I am looking to go again. It was really fun and not really that cold with fleece and a drysuit. New Years was a blow out, wind and white caps. I could have dealt with the on and off rain, but white caps don't make for very good skiing.

White caps no good for skiing?? Heck white caps are no going for even moving my boat. A Sunsetter is no boat for rough water.

Quick update, finally got out last Sunday. Here are some pics. No, my form isn't all that great, but I have fun. I am mostly relegated to wakeboarding because of water conditions.

I am skiing at 28off and 36 mph or so and my buddy is skiing at 34 mph +/- or so. A couple of good shots of what a diamond hull wake looks like with a light load. I did not put any ballast in to bring the bow down, just forgot to, I was so happy just to be skiing. About 50+ degrees. Water, way colder than early December. The boat said 30, but I am pretty sure it was not that cold. No.gif

28 off at 36mph

P1100024.jpg

picture with more of the wake

25greyscale.jpg

my buddy at about 34mph+

CPat34.jpg