Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How long to recieve parts from Malibu?

Harrison256

If my dealer orders a replacement set of full decals directly from Malibu how long would you guys guess it would take before they arrived at the dealers doorstep? (Dealer is in TX btw)

If my dealer orders a replacement set of full decals directly from Malibu how long would you guys guess it would take before they arrived at the dealers doorstep? (Dealer is in TX btw)

The boats been in there over a month now and I just don't understand why they wouldn't of ordered the stuff on day 1 instead of waiting until it got out of the fiberglass shop first (theyve had the boat a month now). Maybe im used to auto service centers. If I put my car in the shop for paint and brakes, they dont paint the car and then when theyre finished 4 days later order the brakes from favtory and wait on shipping again. They order the brakes as soon as they can..

ugh

Edited by Harrison256

The boats been in there over a month now and I just don't understand why they wouldn't of ordered the stuff on day 1 instead of waiting until it got out of the fiberglass shop first (theyve had the boat a month now). Maybe im used to auto service centers. If I put my car in the shop for paint and brakes, they dont paint the car and then when theyre finished 4 days later order the brakes from favtory and wait on shipping again. They order the brakes as soon as they can..

ugh

What's the dealer telling you? Have you posed this exact question to him/her?

What's the dealer telling you? Have you posed this exact question to him/her?

I kind of gave up asking them on specifics. I first asked when it was going to be ready and they said they said they'd have a date after into a spot at fiberglass, then it went there and they said they really couldn't say until it got out of fiberglass, then it did and they said they were waiting on shipping and they'd know when it will be ready when the stuff arrives... I just found out this info the other day so its not like an unreasonable amount of time has passed for them to recieve parts, I was just asking because I realllly would like to have at least a ball park estimate of when its going to be ready even if I have to estimate that time myself b/c I don't live in the city where the boat is.

Does it matter? Can't use the boat for another 4 or 5 months anyway.

Oh yeah, your in Texas, now you know what if feels like to be in the Midwest Tongue.gif

(Just givin' you a hard time... hope you get your boat back soon)

I have noticed an extended period of time for malibu factory to get parts out to the dealers. I have been waiting months for new skins for my engine cover and several other warranty items. It seems that's the only flaw in an almost perfect cusotmer service is the time it takes to get things from the factory. I kinda resovled myself to knowing it just takes forever and that's the way it is. At least it's the off season.

I have noticed an extended period of time for malibu factory to get parts out to the dealers. I have been waiting months for new skins for my engine cover and several other warranty items. It seems that's the only flaw in an almost perfect cusotmer service is the time it takes to get things from the factory. I kinda resovled myself to knowing it just takes forever and that's the way it is. At least it's the off season.

So you think its gonna take a while? Or is the month long engine skin wait an isolated incident

So you think its gonna take a while? Or is the month long engine skin wait an isolated incident

Don't worry bro everyone that orders from Malibu right now is waiting extended periods of time. Took me over 3 months to get a new glove box door. They are just a skeleton crew in the parts department there.

I would say a week or so, your closer to Tennessee which is where they are stocking most parts anyways.

06VLX is right that they are running a skinny crew and the guys that are there are busting butt to keep up with shipping and orders. Back orders a big issue right now too, I think i got up to 12 billet hitch covers on back order before they finally got re-stocked (2 month back order).

I would ask for a UPS tracking number if they are telling you it has shipped?

-Paul

I had a manifold go on me. There was a casting flaw that made a small hole. The boat only had 35 hours on it. It took about 5-6 weeks to get a new one. Unfortunately for me, it was end of August and there was still a good month left in the season. Only silver lining was that it was still under warranty. I was told the part was $1500. I thought it took a long time though and couldn't understand the reason either.

I had a manifold go on me. There was a casting flaw that made a small hole. The boat only had 35 hours on it. It took about 5-6 weeks to get a new one. Unfortunately for me, it was end of August and there was still a good month left in the season. Only silver lining was that it was still under warranty. I was told the part was $1500. I thought it took a long time though and couldn't understand the reason either.

Supply and demand... No demand so nobody is re-stocking parts after they are sold... No supply because manufactures are not stocking parts either and are building parts as they are ordered. The Marine industry is in survival mode which means slow turn around on a lot of those odd ball parts. Next summer will be worse IMOP.

-Paul

• 3 weeks later...