Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Price check on aisle 23 LSV?

ds53652

The Hammerhead is not available anymore. It goes from the Monsoon to the LS3 and then the 8.1. There is only a few hundred dollars difference between the LS3 and the 8.1. I will take the 8.1 all day long. It has more torque and you can use 87 octane. Going with the Monsoon is not as big a deal now that there is the auto wedge. Anyone who has had the 8.1 will tell you that it is very nice to have the hp. and torque when you have alot of people in the boat. As far as the metal flake the black metal flake does not show up very well and you can't really tell unless you are right up on it. A friend did the blue metal flake and black and it looks awesome. It always seems like the hardest part about buying a boat is picking the colors and scheme. Good luck, hopefully you will love it.

The Hammerhead is not available anymore. It goes from the Monsoon to the LS3 and then the 8.1. There is only a few hundred dollars difference between the LS3 and the 8.1. I will take the 8.1 all day long. It has more torque and you can use 87 octane. Going with the Monsoon is not as big a deal now that there is the auto wedge. Anyone who has had the 8.1 will tell you that it is very nice to have the hp. and torque when you have alot of people in the boat. As far as the metal flake the black metal flake does not show up very well and you can't really tell unless you are right up on it. A friend did the blue metal flake and black and it looks awesome. It always seems like the hardest part about buying a boat is picking the colors and scheme. Good luck, hopefully you will love it.

You sure about that?

Yep, checked the prices just last week. The LS3 is the stock engine in the 247 my dealer is now ordering all of his with the 8.1. Not enough price difference. The Hammerhead is no more.

Yep, checked the prices just last week. The LS3 is the stock engine in the 247 my dealer is now ordering all of his with the 8.1. Not enough price difference. The Hammerhead is no more.

Good to know.

Knew that one, the 8.1 is soon to follow.

What's a "WOM"? Dontknow.gif

I prefer the gull wing doors to the walk-over, I can appreciate the concept, but it just takes away the classic look. I've got the rear controller between the rear seats, to be honest it's a WOM no one ever remembers it and the driver is always the one who is in charge. That's the beauty you can order it your way...

It appears the rumors are true. There is a link to an article on Wake World that says GM is no longer going to produce the 8.1. Not good news for those who really like the torque and hp. Man that is a good engine. It is going to be hard to get that kind of torque out of anything smaller that a big block. You better get it on order.

It appears the rumors are true. There is a link to an article on Wake World that says GM is no longer going to produce the 8.1. Not good news for those who really like the torque and hp. Man that is a good engine. It is going to be hard to get that kind of torque out of anything smaller that a big block. You better get it on order.

Unless the replacement is supercharged Whistling.gif .

Edited by 06vlx

Got this from the Regional Rep this weekend.

LS3

I saw that sheet at the dealership. 450 hp my butt, that thing isn't really any more powerful than the hammerhead. For nearly $5k more than the hammerhead upgrade was I think it's a ripoff, and testing was done with Premium gas. Looks like an expensive option to me.

You'll see this motor makes 418 hp and will be rated at 450 by malibu and probably 460-475 by MC.

Edited by 06vlx

I saw the part about the supercharged. I have to believe that a supercharged is just one more thing to go wrong. That is why I like the 8.1 so much. They are hard to tear up. 06VLX is correct, the LS3 is really nothing more than the Hammerhead with a more expensive price tag. Hopefully it will work itself out.

I saw the part about the supercharged. I have to believe that a supercharged is just one more thing to go wrong. That is why I like the 8.1 so much. They are hard to tear up. 06VLX is correct, the LS3 is really nothing more than the Hammerhead with a more expensive price tag. Hopefully it will work itself out.

Just what I hear.

If they could keep that in the same price range as the 8.1 that would be awesome. Look at the torque on that puppy. Has anyone heard if Indmar is no longer using the 8.1 as of now, and if so when is this engine available? It says 2010 but I have not seen anything from Malibu.

My 2010 was just ordered with a 8.1. JT at Indmar told me that this will be the last year the 8.1 is availabkle through them to their customers (Malibu being one).

If they could keep that in the same price range as the 8.1 that would be awesome. Look at the torque on that puppy. Has anyone heard if Indmar is no longer using the 8.1 as of now, and if so when is this engine available? It says 2010 but I have not seen anything from Malibu.

• 3 weeks later...

Late reply but pertinent to the topic....I bought a 2009 wake setter lsv last feb and paid $77k for it. I've moved from a lake to the coast and have been looking at trading in the Bu for a fishing boat (insert sniff and tear here). Guess what MarineMax offered me for my brand new Bu with less than 30 hours on it....$35k!!! Are you f..ing kidding me? so now i'm looking for flush kits. ; )