Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A great cleaning product.

Marine Specialty

I found this product a couple years ago after my house had burned down. The product is amazing, it has cleaned everything that I have tried it on. I had boat a new boat that was a hold over from a dealer that went out of business in 2005. The boat is a 2004 and never been sold but it had sat out side some (but no fading to the red color) and was extremely dirty. I used the Quick N Brite product on it and it all came clean. After wards of course I used 303 to protect it from the uv rays. Just thought the crew might like to know about the product and here is the web address for it.

http://quicknbrite.com/store/?gclid=CLm80dqB2Z4CFQLxDAoddmIhlg

I use the Hot Sauce products from boat bling and am very happy with the product and outcome. Is this better than or equal too hot sauce?

I have never used Hot Sauce so I can not comment on that.

I would be worried if it is a compound cleaner that it will remove the UV clear coat off the vinyl. I know simple green damages the vinyl.

If you can get a hold of it Malco's leather plastic cleaner is one of the best products out there.

3M, Babes, Meguiars, 303, and Zcare are all products i know are all decent products that are safe to use.

-Paul

I can account for the Malco product. I detailed my whole boat with it prior to winter lay up and my seats looked awesome. They where actually white and with minimal effort. Spray on let it sit for a minute. Hit it with a stiff brush and wipe off. As with any cleaner I followed up with some babes conditioner. I am now a malco fan and follower.

I think the Malco cleans just a little better than the Babe's seat soap. The trade off IMO is that the Malco makes the seats a little slicker when they first get wet after using it. I have settled in to using Babe's after every weekend of use, and Malco about every 5-6 weekends. I love em both, and finish off with the Babes protectant. Wouldn't have known about either product but for this discussion board.

I think the Malco cleans just a little better than the Babe's seat soap. The trade off IMO is that the Malco makes the seats a little slicker when they first get wet after using it. I have settled in to using Babe's after every weekend of use, and Malco about every 5-6 weekends. I love em both, and finish off with the Babes protectant. Wouldn't have known about either product but for this discussion board.

I use to detail boats with Malco products and know what your talking about. After i was all done cleaning i gave them all a quick rinse and wipe down of water and it seemed to take care of that sticky feeling. Conditioning after cleaning makes a big difference too.

-Paul

My local Malibu dealer put me onto this stuff called Arco. http://www.alternatetextiles.com.au/new_page_10.htm

Works brilliantly. If you have general day to day marks/dirt just rub on with one cloth and wipe off with another dry one.

If you have dirt/grease/stains deep within the fabric then use a soft bristled scrubbing brush with the application and then just wipe off.

No water required. I bought a 4ltr tub for $40 AUD and every 3 months I give it a really good clean using about 500ml for the whole boat ( Sunscape 20LSV )

I swear by this stuff now. It also brings a gloss finish to stained alloy ( I use it on my foil racks ) , wood, etc ( see site ) .

Yep, postage from Australia to USA may be cost prohibitive but worth looking into.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I use to detail boats with Malco products and know what your talking about. After i was all done cleaning i gave them all a quick rinse and wipe down of water and it seemed to take care of that sticky feeling. Conditioning after cleaning makes a big difference too.

-Paul

What about removing sunblock from seats. are these the best products? I have some SB residue on my seats and was needing a safe and affective way to remove it. Thanks