Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 VLS winterization question, clear plastic valve and transom hose connection

Helping or trying to help a friend winterize his new VLS. There is a clear plastic deal down at the raw water intake looks like a valve. Can someone tell me what that deal is. Also there is a hose connection in the back of the boat. My bud said the dealer told him it was to run the motor on but it needed pressure. We tried to pump rv-anti into it thinking we would see the rv-anti in the clear valve but could not get anything to pump in the connection. We ended up taking out the exhaust manifold drain plugs, the two block drain plugs, the water hoses on either side of the trans to drain all the water. Then we took the thermostat out and filled the block with rv-anti until it came out the block drain plugs. Put the block drain plugs back in and filled the block the rest of the way with rv-anti. I am sure we missed something but having no experience with the V-drives and the water cooled transmission now sure what we may have missed. Any help will be appreciated.

Helping or trying to help a friend winterize his new VLS. There is a clear plastic deal down at the raw water intake looks like a valve. Can someone tell me what that deal is. Also there is a hose connection in the back of the boat. My bud said the dealer told him it was to run the motor on but it needed pressure.

Does it look like this?

Pretty sure that you need water pressure from a hose screwed onto the transom fitting for it to work properly.

Does it look like this?

Pretty sure that you need water pressure from a hose screwed onto the transom fitting for it to work properly.

Yep, that is what it is.

He had a pump in a bucket that had pressure. Would have thought we could have seen come rv-anti going to the valve.

The valve was empty so no fear of water there.

Anyone know of something we may have missed?

Thanks

Andy