Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedges

Harrison256

Alright does that tid bit only apply to newer model bu?

Did the 06 have a trap door + power bc I just found a photo and mine definitely has both and I'm wondering if that means it was added on

Normally a power wedge would not come from the factory with a door. But I could see a buyer wanting the dealer to add one without paying for a new swim step, then you would have a PW with a trap door.

Normally a power wedge would not come from the factory with a door. But I could see a buyer wanting the dealer to add one without paying for a new swim step, then you would have a PW with a trap door.

I've seen enough without the door with a PW from the factory to know that this isn't always the case.

You're not supposed to be able to add a PW after the fact, so that shouldn't affect too many boats out there.

ya good point because if your sitting in the water and you dont feel like getting in the water you might want to get down through the door to get at the wedge. I have a door on my platform but i also have a manual wedge so thats prob. why.

I've seen enough without the door with a PW from the factory to know that this isn't always the case.

You're not supposed to be able to add a PW after the fact, so that shouldn't affect too many boats out there.

Is this a Malibu dealer thing or a "it's so tough to add it's not possible" thing? Just curious because I've seen a few boats that have upgraded to the PW from a manual. I assume it's a Malibu rule.

my dealer is putting the power wedge on for me on the next service, he explained its real simple, just bolt it on, attach the wiring harness cause its already set up for it, then pop out the oil pressure gauge, then calibrate it!

The PW will not be added at the factory, in fact it's a problem w/ the '08's even when the upgrade is installed as it wasn't designed for the PW in the first place. Problems will arise even if it works initially.

The PW will not be added at the factory, in fact it's a problem w/ the '08's even when the upgrade is installed as it wasn't designed for the PW in the first place. Problems will arise even if it works initially.

Does that mean the hull bracket is different or do the differences go deeper (hull is different, etc)? Dontknow.gif Any idea what the issues are that would come up? I would hate to go through the headache of adding a PW and have big problems down the road. Doh.gif Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Does that mean the hull bracket is different or do the differences go deeper (hull is different, etc)? Any idea what the issues are that would come up? I would hate to go through the headache of adding a PW and have big problems down the road. Thanks!

<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

Well for starters no wedge can be installed on an ’88 skier, but if this is just for info then here ya go. There were no sensors installed, just the PW and switches/relays to activate it. It will go up and down without moving the paddle wheel though the exact position will have to be checked manually. The install is not a picnic and doubtful most dealers would tackle it. It can use the same bracket but why when the new is chrome vs the flat black.

how much cost to switch manual to Power wedge>?

<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

Your looking around $2000 + labor for the install. I would seriously consider the floating wedge over the PW if I was looking to upgrade. The performance is impressive over the manual wedge and much less than the PW and less headaches w/ the install.

My Buddy had the dealer switch his Manual Wedge to Power Wedge on his 07 LSV. Works great. Although I would always prefer the factory install. It depends how much you trust your dealer.

Anything 08+ with the digital dash (MUX switches and power module under the dash) can have the power wedge installed at the dealer after market. We've done a few of these with no issues as the boat IS set up for a power wedge dash, controller, and hull wise.

Do note that the power wedge is more expensive to do after market than if you do it at the factory first off.

-Paul

Edited by Bake's Marine

I ordered a power wedge on my 06 and yes, a trap door in the teak platform came with it. I don't know why it's there, totally useless- can't get to or see anything other than the top of the wedge structure.

I ordered a power wedge on my 06 and yes, a trap door in the teak platform came with it. I don't know why it's there, totally useless- can't get to or see anything other than the top of the wedge structure.

Probably no more doorless platforms in stock??