Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mesh Storage compartments / Seat Cover

Dave SML VA

I purchased a very nice 98 Response with only 200 hours. Very well maintained. I picked it up from the dealer this week,after they added a tower and customized the cover to fit around the tower.

I spend a good amount of time checking it out and one area that I would like to improve is the mesh storage compartments.Two of the mesh storage areas look like the mesh is stretched and sags. Does anyone know if they mesh can be replaced? If so how (where to get)or any ideas to tighten them up. The top band is what is sagging the most.

Also the top of the rear seat has two thick looking places that may have been repaired. Would it look OK to just replace the seat back and not any thing else. Is the seat back only available anywhere?

Thanks

Mine too.. The upholstery panels should come off pretty easy, there are nuts and fender washers inside the compartments... I had thought about making some out of sunbrella with elastic at the top. The panels on the rear compartment lids (Vdrive) just pull out. there are some plugs that are press fit...They fell apart on my '04, I added some screws and decorative washers...

Call Malibu. I ordered some netting last year from them. Give them your HID, year, model, etc, and they should be able to help you out.

I haven't installed it yet, but it can't be too tough.

After 9 years I finally removed the mesh storage late last summer as they were sagging, dirty and ripped in a few places. I did not replace them.

Wish I would have done it sooner as it is much nicer not to have all the crap that was stored in them and it makes the area look larger and a lot cleaner without them. And I no longer catch a toe on the damm mesh. Mad.gif

And I no longer catch a toe on the damm mesh. Mad.gif

That is a very good point. I could see me doing that repeatedly, let alone the guests on the boat that aren't used to dodging the mesh. I was considering outfitting the Echelon with those, and am no longer giving that any thought. I like my toes straight, and have had a tough 40 years keeping them that way.

On the back seat, Chee at Malibu should have a replacement that he can make for you to get it back to exactly OEM. I'm sure it will look newer than the rest of the boat, but it will also look better than patching it up and you will know you have a good quality seat. You can probably do the install yourself, it's not very hard.