Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Manual Wedge downforce

wakeboy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wakeboy

• WakeGirl

• Nicvtx

• Bake's Marine

thanks for that molarbu,:D

will the bow ballast aswell help with the wake characteristics?

ive heard that its a real good idea to have it with the wedge due to the fact it keeps the bow down or something?

Plus1.gif anyone else know how much private daycare for 2 kids costs a month??!!

No doubt!

However, the wedge will definitely increase the wake size. If cost is an issue sacks in the rear trunk will also be effective in increasing the wake size.

yes the wedge will help and yes the ballast in the front will narrow it up and reduce the bowrise.. its a delicious combo which will make for some sick air... go for it bro - only if you can afford to - oh yeah - nice ride

Nic,

There's no reason for you not to add the power wedge. It will definetely help the wake size and shape significantly and it will add a lot of value to your boat if and when you ever sell it.

Have it installed and then think adding a sack in the bow.

Yes, significantly.

Thumbup.gif Double that, the wedge makes a BIG difference with little effort (not having to fill sacks/ Power wedge drops with the push of a button, manual drops easy with the squeeze of two pins)

-Paul

thanks guys, sorry for all the questions but i just wanted to know about it nd how it works and such.

im defineately going to get the power wedge at the next service. the boats currently at 165 hrs , bd we only picked it up november last year. FREAKY

if the dealer wont put in the bow ballast, i will do what liljohn did and do it myself, doesnt look that hard!!

Just an update. Talked to the guy that stores my boat. He looked at my wedge and figured out the problem. There was an issue with the one of the bolts. His explaination was that one of the bolts was not on tight and the clicking down was to the washer used. He said with little force he could still push the wedge up so the floating wedge was still working, it just appeared to click into place. He replaced both bolts just to be safe and the wedge now does not click when lowered. Thank you for all of your help.