Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

POWER WEDGE WIRING

I JUST BOUGHT A 2007 VLX, IT TURNS OUT THE OWNER BEFORE ME HACKED UP A BUNCH OF THE WIRING FOR THE WEDGE, THERE IS A BLACK AND WHITE WIRE (COVERED IN BLACK SHEATHING) COMING FROM THE POWER WEDGE POSITION SENSOR, THAT IS CUT OFF RIGHT WHEN IT COMES INTO THE BOAT, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HOOKED UP TO, I WOULD LIKE THE GAUGE TO WORK!!!

Typing in all caps and improper english should get you banned from this site!!!

Won't get you banned (you really have to work at that, think Batman) but it will get you beat over the head and shoulders severely from the grammar police whom lurk here and comment often.

Look, I am just looking for some help with my boat. I do not want to be an english teacher. I know it is the off season and you guys are just really bored, but i don't care about caps lock, or the odd spelling mistake!!

So if someone has some advise to my problem i would really appreciate it, and will go out of my way to help others in need of help. but if i am going to get critizited on every thing i type on your perfect website than i wont even bother!!!

Is it a "Factory" installed power Wedge or was it installed by a previous owner. I'm not sure what sensors are on the '07 but I have seen power wedge installs that are after factory that just had the power wedge swapped out with the old wedge. There were no sensors installed, just the PW and switches/relays to activate it. It will go up and down without moving the paddle wheel.

Won't get you banned (you really have to work at that, think Batman) but it will get you beat over the head and shoulders severely from the grammar police whom lurk here and comment often.

Oh the Batman days... man that guy stirred the pot

I am pretty sure it is factory power wedge, it has the factory computer and gauge. and the paddle wheel has to be spun to raise the wedge!!

Thanks, Joel

The wedge is operated by a control module under the dash in 07, that module actually runs the gauge and sets its position. Wiring runs down the starboard side gunnel so if the wires are disconnected in the back follow underneath that side and look for the other end.

-Paul

thanks bakes marine, do you know if the black and white wire (in sheathing) connect to diffrent colour wires when the come from the sensor into the boat, that is where mine are cut off, and i can't seam to find any black and white wires that look cut off from the control module runnning down the starboard side.

thanks bakes marine, do you know if the black and white wire (in sheathing) connect to diffrent colour wires when the come from the sensor into the boat, that is where mine are cut off, and i can't seam to find any black and white wires that look cut off from the control module runnning down the starboard side.

Your welcome. I would look in a boat for you but I'm off on vacation for the next 3 weeks (I can't get away from the crew! Wink.gif )

Maybe if somebody has their boat in the garage could they take a peak for him? I want to say that the two sheathed power wedge wires connect to two different solid red wires on the inside of the boat.

Did you look in the engine compartment area? above your muffler? the wires drop straight down from there. He might have zip tied them out of the way or something. (that's weird that he disconnected them?)

PS: Thanks for turning the cap-lock off

-Paul

yeah i did look above, there is a few wires on the bulk head not hooked to anything with rubber conectors on them, i was not sure if they were for the sensor or for some option that my boat did not come with from the factory. all i would need is the wire colours that they hook up when they get into the boat.

thanks again everyone

• 2 weeks later...

This is a interesting link. I have a slightly used 2009 PowerWedge with 2 new Pistons to sell.

Long story buy I bought a replacement one from the factory.

It is used and comes as a complete package but looks new.

Was wondering it you know anyone who would want to buy it and where is the best place to sell it.

A new assembly like this costs around $2,000.