Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New HID tower lighting now available at Bakes.

Bobby Light

Two of the smaller ones are more than adequate for docking purposes. I do have 4 of the bigger ones and they are extremely bright.

The thought of KC daylighters comes to mind. I can only imagine how much the bigger ones light 'em up.

I can give you a review of the large if you want.

06 definately interested in your review..and your thoughts on which is best for surfing etc. Thanks!!

06 definately interested in your review..and your thoughts on which is best for surfing etc. Thanks!!

For surfing the small lights with the spot beam are more than adequate. The flood beam spreads the light to fast and is blinding when you're behind the boat with an Illusion tower. I went with the big ones just because I could, if you want to project light the big ones are what you want. The big lights really aren't that much bigger than the smaller lights.

If you have a pre 08' boat you can wire a couple sets of lights directly to the switches as they are rated at 10 amps.

The black lights are the shizz, I wish I would have went with the black ones.

Ordered a pair of the mini today. Thanks so much for all your help 06VLX you def sold me on these!

It's pretty amazing how much light these puppies put out. You will be happy when it gets dark. (Except for all of the frickin bugs they attract).

• 5 weeks later...

Try this one

http://www.opentip.com/Electronics-Computers/Amp-Bosch-Relay-p-878391.html

I am hoping to pick one up at autozone. The pdf I have shows 2 relays being used on an 2008. I wish I could find the pdf that I am going off of but I cant find it any where on here now!

I'd just get one at autozone as well. All the documentation you need for install can be found on the Bakesonline webpage for the HID tower lights. There are 2 relays on the sheet, one for the forward facing lights, one for the rear. Each set has to have it's own relay for the mux switch to operate correctly. Remember these are 12v- switched not 12v+.

I'd just get one at autozone as well. All the documentation you need for install can be found on the Bakesonline webpage for the HID tower lights. There are 2 relays on the sheet, one for the forward facing lights, one for the rear. Each set has to have it's own relay for the mux switch to operate correctly. Remember these are 12v- switched not 12v+.

Thats why I couldnt find the pdf for the install, because its on bakes website! So i just need a relay and 20 amp inline fuse?

Thats why I couldnt find the pdf for the install, because its on bakes website! So i just need a relay and 20 amp inline fuse?

For one set of lights a 10 amp fuse is more than adequate.

Hooked up a volt meter to the white, white/black (negative side) wires coming from the harness we believe is the MMDC computer and to the positive wire coming from the ignition switch pressed the tower light button to front, rear, all and got no reading on the volt meter. The tower light button will almost immediately switch back to off when pressed to turn on the lights. Any idea what the deal is, I do not see any other white, white/black wires coming from the mux.

Hooked up a volt meter to the white, white/black (negative side) wires coming from the harness we believe is the MMDC computer and to the positive wire coming from the ignition switch pressed the tower light button to front, rear, all and got no reading on the volt meter. The tower light button will almost immediately switch back to off when pressed to turn on the lights. Any idea what the deal is, I do not see any other white, white/black wires coming from the mux.

If you dug those two wires out of the wire bundle they are the right ones. I would get your relays all wired up as well as the rest of the lights and then trouble shoot. I'm not sure I'd give that test you did alot of credit.

If you only plan to do one set of lights you can just wire to the mux without a fuse as it's already fused. You don't need a relay for one set, especially the small ones.

Edited by 06vlx

If you dug those two wires out of the wire bundle they are the right ones. I would get your relays all wired up as well as the rest of the lights and then trouble shoot. I'm not sure I'd give that test you did alot of credit.

If you only plan to do one set of lights you can just wire to the mux without a fuse as it's already fused. You don't need a relay for one set, especially the small ones.

it was weird because the wires were already coming out of the mini mmdc computer and already stripped. I am sure the prior owner did not have any lights installed. Should the mux button immediately shut off like that if nothing is connected?

Are the wires that I am looking for coming from the computer or the wire bundle coming from the mux?

Edited by BlitzedVLX

it was weird because the wires were already coming out of the mini mmdc computer and already stripped. I am sure the prior owner did not have any lights installed. Should the mux button immediately shut off like that if nothing is connected?

Are the wires that I am looking for coming from the computer or the wire bundle coming from the mux?

Your key must be in the ON position for the lights to work. They will not turn on in the ACC position. Even when turning the key to on wait a few seconds to turn the lights on as they will turn off right away sometimes. Try that and let me know how it turns out.

Your key must be in the ON position for the lights to work. They will not turn on in the ACC position. Even when turning the key to on wait a few seconds to turn the lights on as they will turn off right away sometimes. Try that and let me know how it turns out.

I bet that is the problem, I had the key all the way to the left.