Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New HID tower lighting now available at Bakes.

Bobby Light

Wow, check out the discount on those babies!!!!

I'm guessing that's so you can't get the 15% off, it looks like it's on "sale" so the 15% doesn't kick in. The 15% advertisements don't say it, but I've bought stuff from Bakes and know that at least the couple times I tried sale stuff was not included.

Either that or you are get a big 1 penny discount.

If you were a full service dealer and sold around 100 boats a year (magically) and every customer got the tower lights you could save a whole dollar!

;)Whistling.gifWhistling.gif

If you were a full service dealer and sold around 100 boats a year (magically) and every customer got the tower lights you could save a whole dollar!

Okayyy, but, as long as you don't go to Starbucks, you could just possibly get a full cup of coffee with that dollar. Or 0.65 Euros.

But nothing for the G3 tower Cry.gif

Oh you know I'm working on that, the Seattle boat show is coming up at the end of January and you know there will be HID lights on at least one of the towers!

I know Paul is feeling very festive, maybe if you ask nicely he'll double that discount for you Smile.gif .

You guys!!!!! The discount is for those penny pinchers :)

Yes the penny discount is there because it's not included on the sale (can't get a discount on top of a discount), they are a new item that I'm still trying to get dialed in. Plus the HID lights are a lot less expensive than halogen for a much better product and I'm trying to keep it the pricing that way.

Set of 4 Mini HID Lights JYHID13 Mini Series $509.98

Set of 4 Halogen Lights $650.00

post-4023-126055328216_thumb.jpg

post-4023-126055325784_thumb.jpg

I've been spending the past few months getting these dialed in. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM.

-Paul

Wow those look sweet... someone hurry up and buy them so we can get reviews of small vs. large :)

When's the group buy?? Hahah..

I can give you a review of the large if you want.

06VLX has a set of the large lights, they are VERY bright. I'm working on posting a video that shows all the lights lit up at night (video taken up above so you can actually see the light output) BUT i just started my 3 week vacation. I will do my best to get try and get that video posted up soon.

-Paul

you might be able to find something here...for a G3 tower

http://trailtech.net...le_hid_sc4.html

The G3's tower hoop is 3 inch, so i don't think either of those lights will work (1-1/2 and 1-3/4)

We all ready have brackets patterned for the G3 but I won't have them built / installed until before the Seattle Boat Show.

-Paul

You found the video I made before I went on Vaca... like that sound track? It sounds like there is a dude moving a straw up and down a soda lid. hahaha

When i get back to the shop I'm going to add onto that and take some video at night so you can physically see the difference between the mini hid, large hid, and halogen lights. We plan on taking the video from 30 ft up (fork lift) so you can actually see the difference in beam pattern, length and intensity of light coming off of those.

-Paul

You found the video I made before I went on Vaca... like that sound track? It sounds like there is a dude moving a straw up and down a soda lid. hahaha

When i get back to the shop I'm going to add onto that and take some video at night so you can physically see the difference between the mini hid, large hid, and halogen lights. We plan on taking the video from 30 ft up (fork lift) so you can actually see the difference in beam pattern, length and intensity of light coming off of those.

-Paul

Let me give you a harness for fall protection, don't want you to crack your egg.

Let me give you a harness for fall protection, don't want you to crack your egg.

LOL.gif We've got two from when we did the remodel.

I had my first visit from L&I last week, it actually went really well.

-Paul

• 5 months later...

Anyone know if these swivel?

No they don't swivel but you can rotate them temporarily if you need to by loosening them from the bracket by hand.

No they don't swivel but you can rotate them temporarily if you need to by loosening them from the bracket by hand.

Do you by chance know how well the light output is on these? If I remember correctly you have the bigger version, I was thinking of getting 2 of the smaller ones to use for docking.

Do you by chance know how well the light output is on these? If I remember correctly you have the bigger version, I was thinking of getting 2 of the smaller ones to use for docking.

Two of the smaller ones are more than adequate for docking purposes. I do have 4 of the bigger ones and they are extremely bright.