Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Got a Yellow or Vapor Blue boat?

Ronnie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronnie

• LS-One

• Baddog

• Jimmypooh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys just because you can't see the water spots it doesn't mean they aren't there......I'm not sure why black is such a taboo color.

Agreed, I've had two boats with significant black and haven't found to be any worse then the two that didn't have it. I like yellow but I'm not a fan of yellow and black to bumble beeish. How about solid yellow with some other trim color. Maybe white accents in lieu of black.

Guys just because you can't see the water spots it doesn't mean they aren't there......I'm not sure why black is such a taboo color.

I think the biggest problem people have with water spots is that they can see them.

That is what I was trying to say in my earlier post and did not express it properly. The black shows the spots more, but is no easier or harder to clean than the other colors.

-Dave

This is my boat - is this blue vapor blue? BTW the camera did not capture the color correctly on the bow, due to bright sun. The blue aft and lower is more like it.

malibu.jpg

Taking up a few parking spots in that photo. Anyone jump in your stuff for that? If so, I hope you told them: "it's a Malibu, so get over it!"

I don't have any pics to post.

But I get a bunch of compliments on my 09 Yellow VTX with a yellow tower....

My other consideration when choosing a color was safety.

You can certainly see a yellow boat on the water! Rockon.gif

Scott

Like this? Upcharge for solid hull and deck...a bit over $1000.

post-5-126099005876_thumb.jpg

I like it but the question is do you like it ? I think it would look sweet on the water. Lets see one in yellow for comparison sake.

the Yellow is the one in my book.

If we bought a new one it would be white and silver but our second choice would be the yellow and black. I would have more black, but i pull my boat out every time so its easier for me to wipe down then you guys on the lift.

PS.

I saw the new tower for the first time in person at Cen tex in round rock yesterday. I wasnt a fan of them but after seeing it in person I like them, it gives me the new boat bug. Thumbup.gif

Edited by txwakejunkie

Hey Cameron, are you going to WSA on Saturday?

Yea, I like the new tower and really like the new Bimini. I was ready for a change, the old illusion was getting dated to me and I never liked the XS as much as the regular illusion. After six years for a tower (IMO) it needs an update. I'm not one to resist change though so change isn't a big deal for me.

I like the Yellow but I'm losing the battle... :lol:

I was doing OK with the Yellow until a friend/member sent me this in a PM and I had to agree from our own experience;

"BTW, go with the vapor blue, I've seen a VTX and some other Wakesetters on the river in vapor blue and it looks great, I can still remember them. All the yellow ones are forgettable, I don't remember a single yellow boat from the summer."

We are not going to be able to make the christmas party, sounds like fun though. Tell Tim, Tony and Todd I said hello for me please.

If you are losing the battle for yellow that is ok, Moma must be happy!!

I would go with the white bottom picture though, the whole boat being vapor blue is ALOT of blue.

either way the boat will be awesome!!!