Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Got a Yellow or Vapor Blue boat?

Ronnie

I'm about to order a new WS23LSV. I'm looking at combinations of yellow with black accents. I don't want large panels of back, just accents. I'm fighting my Daughter that wants Vapor Blue, which I do like, just not as much as the Yellow. If you have any pics of your mostly Yellow (or mostly Vapor Blue), lets see them.

TIA...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ronnie

• LS-One

• Malibudude

• Bobby Light

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

man... Black with classic vapor blue accents is the best combo I have ever seen.

There was a pic on here awhile ago of a black/vapor blue.

I agree but I've gotta stay away from large panels of black, I'm just using Black for accents. Our water has too much mineral content to deal with those kinds of water spots with the boat on a lift all year.

Our dealer in TriCities ordered a Vapor Blue boat in 2007. He got it in in the spring & tried to sell it sitting on the trailer all summer. Then in Sept he put the boat on the water for an on the water boat show. It sold the first hour of the show. Then he had umpteen requests for it during the entire show!

I don't know why, but that color just happens to be one of those where the boat looks OK on the trailer & AWESOME on the water! Rockon.gif

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Our dealer in TriCities ordered a Vapor Blue boat in 2007. He got it in in the spring & tried to sell it sitting on the trailer all summer. Then in Sept he put the boat on the water for an on the water boat show. It sold the first hour of the show. Then he had umpteen requests for it during the entire show!

I don't know why, but that color just happens to be one of those where the boat looks OK on the trailer & AWESOME on the water! Rockon.gif

I have noticed that too! We have seen two on other lakes around here (one of them is a member here) and that's what got my daughter wanting Vapor Blue. BUT...since I don't trailer anywhere, maybe that's a good thing. I'm actually thinking about not even ordering a trailer.

I don't have any pics for you of the new boats but I have to admit I am with your daughter on this one. Vapor blue trumps yellow in my book. Personally I kinda dig white hulls, a vapor blue on white might look nice. A member posted a vapor blue on 'gray' (or whatever malibu calls gray) awhile back and it was also really sweet. Yellow highlights would be nice but big yellow panels is a little much in my opinion.

We've always had the bright blue boat on the lake. We upgraded 2 years ago from and Aqua Blue 69 Stuery to the one below. I'll agree to try to stay away from too much black. Ours insn't too bad because most of the black is on the bottom where no one sees it.

Also notice the yellow boat in the background. In my bias opinion, it looks very forgettable next to the Vapor Blue.

Here you go:

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

I'll support you on the all Yellow. Just tell your family that Baddog said it was OK and the discussion will be over.

-- However --

I would love to own an all yellow truck, but my wife was lookling up lawyers rather than let me do that. Got to say that skirt looks pretty nice on me.

We upgraded 2 years ago from and Aqua Blue 69 Stuery

Dude! That was the boat I learned how to ski on! With a 55hp Johnson! Except ours was like a coral color. I also learned how to crash it into a Mark Twain at age 15. Congrats on being the first person I have ever heard make reference to a Steury, let alone a 69.

Sorry for the hijack, but wow!

And, my wife wants a yellow boat. When I got the Echelon & told her I might have to paint it due to the gelcoat condition, she instantly said yellow. But sanding & buffing did the trick, so no paint. We are currently on the lookout for a yellow Jeep.

Our last boat was blue, and I love the color. But if I was buying new it would be the yellow or the orange, just my preference. Those colors feel more energetic, blue is smooth & sweet looking but just lacks something. Again, probably just coming from 12 years of driving around a blue boat.

I would go with the Vapor Blue, it might just because i have one but.... Whatever you pick, make it you own. There are too many boats out there that really almost look identical. I ride on Ray Hubbard near Dallas and I have pulled up to so many people thinking they are someone else and feel like an idiot, granted you do meet more people that way.

baileypaw001.jpg

[hijack]

Dude! That was the boat I learned how to ski on! With a 55hp Johnson! Except ours was like a coral color. I also learned how to crash it into a Mark Twain at age 15. Congrats on being the first person I have ever heard make reference to a Steury, let alone a 69.

And, my wife wants a yellow boat. When I got the Echelon & told her I might have to paint it due to the gelcoat condition, she instantly said yellow. But sanding & buffing did the trick, so no paint. We are currently on the lookout for a yellow Jeep.

Our last boat was blue, and I love the color. But if I was buying new it would be the yellow or the orange, just my preference. Those colors feel more energetic, blue is smooth & sweet looking but just lacks something. Again, probably just coming from 12 years of driving around a blue boat.

Yeah, we went through 3 engines on that boat and sold it just last year with a 150 on it (we were the original owners). What a great boat! I grew up with it and it's never let us down. It was a sad day to see it go, but we still get to see it now and then.

[/hijack]

I also learned how to ski behind a 69 steury with a 115 evinrude it ran for ever it just won't die.

The blue is a very nice color if I trade it would be to a blue and black. Rockon.gif

OK, here's what I'm thinking.

post-5-126056823207_thumb.jpg

post-5-126056826385_thumb.jpg

With those being the options I would go with the Yellow (and I'm usually bias for blue). They accents just don't stand out enough on the blue. The Yellow looks slick. Try making the blue bow black. (Say that 5 times fast)Crazy.gif

With those being the options I would go with the Yellow (and I'm usually bias for blue). They accents just don't stand out enough on the blue. The Yellow looks slick. Try making the blue bow black. (Say that 5 times fast)Crazy.gif

Plus1.gif

OK, here's what I'm thinking.

post-5-126056823207_thumb.jpg

post-5-126056826385_thumb.jpg

Whats the hit for a solid color hull ? The vapor blue would look good solid with the same black accents.

Yea, I'd prefer either color solid &/or with black accents. Even with another color, ie; dark blue, green, etc. The white doesn't do it for me at all. And owning a boat that lives on the lake in the summer, I find that the darker colors tend to show the lake funk less than the white.

The white bottom on our last boats were really easy to care for. The black we had was a PITA to keep the spots off. The red wasn't too bad and another one of these colors might be OK too. With our water and the mineral content I'm looking for easiest to clean up. Being on the lake we go out for short runs a lot and if it takes as much time to clean the boat up as the short run was, it gets less enjoyable to go like that. Remember this boat stays on a lift so it's not easy to wipe down the bottom of the hull.

I agree but I've gotta stay away from large panels of black, I'm just using Black for accents. Our water has too much mineral content to deal with those kinds of water spots with the boat on a lift all year.

I don't know Ronnie this looks pretty bad arse....

blackandvaporvlx.jpg