Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

transmission winterize

outside the wake

I have an 04 5.7L indmar monsoon and have drained manifolds,block on both sides,raw water pump hoses disconected, I see two hoses running from the front of the motor (off the raw water pump) that are going to the back and look like they connect to the transmission. I have a direct drive transmission and was told there is nothing to drain on a direct drive. What are these hoses for? This is my first Bu and first inboard and dont want to miss anything.

I have an 04 5.7L indmar monsoon and have drained manifolds,block on both sides,raw water pump hoses disconected, I see two hoses running from the front of the motor (off the raw water pump) that are going to the back and look like they connect to the transmission. I have a direct drive transmission and was told there is nothing to drain on a direct drive. What are these hoses for? This is my first Bu and first inboard and dont want to miss anything.

Without seeing what you are looking at, those hoses are likely the ones that bring tranny fluid forward the the tranny cooler. They carry tranny fluid not water, and therefore do not want to be disconnected or drained.

Without seeing what you are looking at, those hoses are likely the ones that bring tranny fluid forward the the tranny cooler. They carry tranny fluid not water, and therefore do not want to be disconnected or drained.

I think you are correct.

I think you are correct.

Would the hoses be taking the fluid to the raw water pump in front and does it pass through something to cool it (transmission fluid)?