Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

IX vs XS Rack Mount

Jimmypooh

I just bought a used Metcraft swing rack for my Illusion X. The mount has 2 bolts that go through it and I thught there was only one bolt on the Illusion X mount. Could this be a mount for an Illusion XS?

Edited by Jimmypooh

I just bought a used Metcraft swing rack for my Illusion X. The mount has 2 bolts that go through it and I thught there was only one bolt on the Illusion X mount. Could this be a mount for an Illusion XS?

Sounds like an XS rack to me. The X had one bolt with 2 tabs to hold it in place.

Huh?

X - one bolt with 2 tabs

XS - 2 Bolts with no tabs

G3 - one bolt with two tabs

Correct? If so, It would be hard to find racks for XS tower?

Huh?

X - one bolt with 2 tabs

XS - 2 Bolts with no tabs

G3 - one bolt with two tabs

Correct? If so, It would be hard to find racks for XS tower?

Correct (though) I don't know about the G3 tower, I haven't played with one.

Not hard to find racks for the XS, they are everywhere.

Correct (though) I don't know about the G3 tower, I haven't played with one.

Not hard to find racks for the XS, they are everywhere.

Yep, this is an XS rack. Seller said he would refund. Is it possible that I can just exchange the mounting part at a dealer (are they interchangable)? That way I could save the seller some trouble provided the dealer was OK with it.

Yep, this is an XS rack. Seller said he would refund. Is it possible that I can just exchange the mounting part at a dealer (are they interchangable)? That way I could save the seller some trouble provided the dealer was OK with it.

You might have a hard time finding any metcraft parts since they are no longer in business. I'd just get your money back and keep looking for some Titans.

You might have a hard time finding any metcraft parts since they are no longer in business. I'd just get your money back and keep looking for some Titans.

I do like the metcraft ones, and already have one. A matched set would be nice. Anyone from Bakes want to help me out here?

I do like the metcraft ones, and already have one. A matched set would be nice. Anyone from Bakes want to help me out here?

I e-mailed Paul for you, I'll let you know what he says.

I e-mailed Paul for you, I'll let you know what he says.

Wow, 06vlx is that you? All right, who kidnapped 06 and replaced him with a nice guy?? Tease.gif

Yeah, I know, another award winning post but I couldn't help myself!!

Edited by Ndawg12

Wow, 06vlx is that you? All right, who kidnapped 06 and replaced him with a nice guy?? Tease.gif

Yeah, I know, another award winning post but I couldn't help myself!!

Biggrin.gif

When I'm not messing with people and giving them crap on here I'm helpfull...

Skyski has an adapter that allowed me to use my Illusion X Skyski rack on my XS tower. I'll bet it will work for your application. Btw, I was the first to request this adapter. They fabricated from scratch and had it in my hands two weeks after the initial phone call. THAT is customer service at it's finest!

• 2 weeks later...

We (Sky Ski / Comptech Marine) now have available some pivoting rack adapters available that will allow you to utilize your existing stationary wakeboard racks. Just bolt our adapter onto the tower, and mount your wakeboard rack to the pivoting plate and you're done. The pivoting plate is blank, so you can drill it for whatever hole pattern you need.

So far we've only made these to fit the Illusion X Tower, but we can make some to fit the XS tower in the future if there is a call for it. (And we can make additional adapters to allow it to fit any tower)

There is a few pictures up here, and I'll try to get more pics & video of it actually mounted up on a tower and working.

We (Sky Ski / Comptech Marine) now have available some pivoting rack adapters available that will allow you to utilize your existing stationary wakeboard racks. Just bolt our adapter onto the tower, and mount your wakeboard rack to the pivoting plate and you're done. The pivoting plate is blank, so you can drill it for whatever hole pattern you need.

So far we've only made these to fit the Illusion X Tower, but we can make some to fit the XS tower in the future if there is a call for it. (And we can make additional adapters to allow it to fit any tower)

There is a few pictures up here, and I'll try to get more pics & video of it actually mounted up on a tower and working.

I think I might just have to get a set of these. Sure beats the pants off of paying over $300.00 for swing racks.