Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1994 Euro F3

gunner38

just bought a nice 1994 Euro F3 open bow with 225 hrs, besides the obvious condition which is nice, what can anyone say about good-bad things about boat and what improvements would be worthwhile (fuel injection, wakeboard tower, stereo, etc) any info appreciated!!

just bought a nice 1994 Euro F3 open bow with 225 hrs, besides the obvious condition which is nice, what can anyone say about good-bad things about boat and what improvements would be worthwhile (fuel injection, wakeboard tower, stereo, etc) any info appreciated!!

Hey man,

I am not sure I'd bother making any changes to the engine unless something isn't working smoothly. If you are a wakeboarder adding a tower(or pylon extension) would be cool and you could throw in a couple fat sacs for a nicer wake. An updated stereo would definitely be nice too if the one in there is lacking umph (See Deal Street for some speakers). Unless the previous owner has given you a detailed history for maintenance(and you believe it) I'd change the fluids/filters.

Check out the DIY section for some must haves on the boat like a tool kit and impeller.

Some nice wax to keep 'er looking good maybe :). Depending on the condition of the gelcoat a nice polish might be in order prior to the wax.

If you don't have the toys now is the time to look into those. Maybe instead of dumping a lot of money into the boat you can get a new board, ski, ropes, vests.

Wakes is right on. I would leave the engine be unless you are having trouble. The old carbed Chevy motors run great and are very reliable.

We have an 88' Skier which is pretty close in size to your boat. We have had great results boarding behind it with some ballast weight and the Titan Series I tower we added. If you are into wakeboarding I would highly recommend a tower and a good set of board racks as space becomes a premium in a hurry if you have a decent sized crew. The board racks help keep the boards off the floor and the boat a bit neater on the water.

Here's some ballast info on our boat....

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22539-93-skier-wake/

A good stereo isn't a must, but it certainly helps to make the most out of your time behind the boat. Rockon.gif We love ours!

Be sure to post some up for your new boat!

To keep room in the boat you may try lead weight over sacks www.pop-products.com. I have 400lbs under my back seat, 200lbs in my ski locker and 200lbs under front seats Boat is clear for family to walk around. Wake is awesome for wakeboarding and my kids can go ropeless on wakesurf. I'm too big to go ropeless but I love the wake for wakeboarding. I have the exact same boat 94 Euro F3 Open bow.

I'm with martinarcher, you can't go wrong with the 350 carbed... Sweet motor!

JMO

John

Here is what it looks like with weight in it...

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=5761

Edited by Air Force 1

is it easy to add a wakeboard tower as far as accessing area's for mounts? do you have to cut any holes to get to mounting areas?

No, getting to the mounting areas is very easy on these boats.

Here's an idea of how I did mine to prevent gel coat cracking (Post #32 and #38)....

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19960-gelcoat-cracks-at-tower-mount/page__hl__hysol__st__20

• 4 weeks later...