Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ANYONE HAVE AN LS-7 MOTOR

sgt1970-442

I HIT THE LOTTO... LOL.

WAS AT A GM EXECUTIVE'S HOUSE PICKING UP SOME VALUED OLDSMOBILE PARTS FOR MY CAR AND HE HAD PARTS GLORE FOR EVERYTHING IN HIS BARN.

TURN'S OUT GM IS FORCING HIM OUT AND HE IS GETTING A BUY-OUT AND REALLY JUST WANTS TO RETIRE FROM ALL OF IT. I GOT MY PARTS AND HE ASKED IF I WAS INTERESTED IN ANYTHING ELSE.

I LOOKED AROUND AND SAID GOT ANY SMALL BLOCK CHEVY STUFF, BAD IDEA AS HE UNCOVERS 3 LS7 CRATE MOTORS. MY JAW DROPS, FROM GM

THEY ARE ALMOST 15K FOR THEM. HE ASKED IF I WOULD LIKE ONE AND I TOLD HIM I JUST COULD AFFORD IT RIGHT NOW. HE SAYS I ASKED IF

YOU WANT ONE. I SAID HOW MUCH??? HIS REPLY, DO YOU HAVE A USE FOR ONE OF THEM. ME: WELL I'D LOVE TO HAVE ONE IN MY BOAT BUT, I DON'T HAVE ANY OF THE WIRING OR COMPUTER STUFF FOR IT. SO WE GO TO ANOTHER ROOM IN HIS BARN AND HE PULLS OUT THE COMPLETE WIRING HARNESS AND ALL THE COMPUTER CONTROLS FOR THIS MOTOR ALONG WITH A FUEL PUMP FOR IT. HE SAYS YOU CAN HAVE IT IF YOU CAN REALLY USE IT. I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. WE LOADED EVERYTHING AND NOW I NEED TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE IT AND IF IT WILL FIT IN THE BOAT. REALLY DO NOT WANT TO PUT THIS IN MY SUNSETTER.

ANYBODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS??????

Heck with the boat, Buy an old Chevy nova chevelle camaro... for $4-5k or 1930s Ford and drop that sucker in for a nice drivable project.

An LS7 would look good in my 66 chevelle. Yes.gif

That motor will require an upgrade in tranmission if you are going to put it in the Sunsetter or just about any other boat. Nice deal though.

truely i could not believe it when he said i could have one. i got it loaded as fast as i could before he changed his mind.

all i could say when i was driving away was merry christmas to me..... Yahoo.gif

i've been giving thought to what i'm going to do and i think the boat will stay the same.

i know where there is a old 41 willy's drag car that might need a chainfall tune-up.

68slalom, i will check with him on monday and see what he is going to do with the other two motors and post or send ya a pm.

truely i could not believe it when he said i could have one. i got it loaded as fast as i could before he changed his mind.

all i could say when i was driving away was merry christmas to me..... Yahoo.gif

i've been giving thought to what i'm going to do and i think the boat will stay the same.

i know where there is a old 41 willy's drag car that might need a chainfall tune-up.

68slalom, i will check with him on monday and see what he is going to do with the other two motors and post or send ya a pm.

I have an offroad chevy blayzer frame body etc that needs an engine really badly if hes looking to give one more away!

Be very careful it's like drugs you can get hooked so easy! After your hooked you can spend so much money your head will spin.. I know Biggrin.gif We started out street racing and ended up on the NHRA tour. We did very good but its very difficult to get you money back. Whistling.gif

Edited by Sixball

They make some very nice Kit cars that use that engine as well. Check out FactoryFive.com they make a nice supercar kit and mount the LS7 in the rear of the car.

As a GM guy, I would be VERY interested in knowing how he got them and why he has so many Factory items laying around. They don't give this stuff away. Are the blocks numbered?

I'm sure anybody could get one, aftermarket there a dime a dozen and only run around $15,000.00 !!!! Shocking.gif

Maybe we better keep it quiet Whistling.gif

Be very careful it's like drugs you can get hooked so easy! After your hooked you can spend so much money your head will spin.. I know Biggrin.gif We started out street racing and ended up on the NHRA tour. We did very good but its very difficult to get you money back. Whistling.gif

sixball,

i know all about getting hooked. i'm 14 miles from milan dragway and if the wife only knew how much i've spent over the years.

i had a 73 vega when i was 16 and dropped a 400 small block in it. i switched to oldsmobiles in 1980 and race a 1970 olds 442 4speed.

seems olds parts are twice the price of chevy and ford. best i ever did was a 250.00 runner up and spent all of that on more parts.. ROFL.gif

ronnie,

i'm not sure why he has this stuff but, i'm sure its no secret that higher up exec's from the big three got all kinds of perks like this.

i know of one olds exec that got a 1966 442 factory race car free of charge.

to all the rest i will be checking with him tomorrow and will let everyone know what he is doing with the other stuff, steve

ok here is the scoop on the motors.

one is going to his son. he told me he's building a tube chassis corvette.

he said the other is going in a 57 chevy that he and bob lutz are having built

together. yes he did say bob lutz.

i've been to bob's house doing concrete work and he has some really beautiful toys,

can't wait to see this 57 chevy.

This thread reminds me of the Johnny Cash song "one piece at a time".

I was thinking the same before I scrolled down to your post. :lol:

sixball,

i know all about getting hooked. i'm 14 miles from milan dragway and if the wife only knew how much i've spent over the years.

i had a 73 vega when i was 16 and dropped a 400 small block in it. i switched to oldsmobiles in 1980 and race a 1970 olds 442 4speed.

seems olds parts are twice the price of chevy and ford. best i ever did was a 250.00 runner up and spent all of that on more parts.. ROFL.gif

ronnie,

i'm not sure why he has this stuff but, i'm sure its no secret that higher up exec's from the big three got all kinds of perks like this.

i know of one olds exec that got a 1966 442 factory race car free of charge.

to all the rest i will be checking with him tomorrow and will let everyone know what he is doing with the other stuff, steve

We ran and did some testing at Milan drag way. We set the world recored for C/Gas 7/8/83, 9.08 @ 151 We lost in the second round, we went to fast 9.04 and I was off the gas well before the finish line. Cry.gif

Milan was a good track if a major event was being run. If not it could be quite slick. It is a very nice track.

I have a 67' camaro that would really like to house your new motor!! Be happy to give you your money back on it Whistling.gif plus shipping!!! Biggrin.gif

not for sale. besides i'm not sure i can get back what i have into it :lol:

well i had some buddys over last night to play cards in garage, its heated and i have a big refrigerator usually full of labatt blue.

anyway one of them asked what was under the cover and lets just say the card game never happened. the only thing one of them could

say is dude. my best friend is now looking for an old fiat, anglia, or willys to put this in. i told him i was good with the anglia

but really was looking for an old studebaker. i'm open to other suggestions. looking for a nostalgia look with a modern drive train.