Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard for wife

medicdiver

Ok, I ski, and the wife wants to learn to wakeboard next year. I am looking for a beginner/intermediate board for her to learn on. She is 5'7", and 135lbs. I am unsure as I have never boarded before what size and board to get her. Suggestions??? I am looking to spend around $200-250 unless that isn't realistic.

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

had to check out the thread to find out if i misunderstood the title.

thought if you were trying to swap your wife for a good wakeboard that you may be onto something.

mmm, will trade wife for goode slalom...

naw, then who would work to pay the mortgage on the rig?Whistling.gif

check these out some of them look nice. Wakeboards

The Hyperlite Eden would probably fit the bill. You want something around 130 for size I believe. But you might want to ask the shop about that as I've never had to worry about sizing for a woman.

Boots are going to set you back a little more, I suggest you guys go to a shop to try some on as they can be a real pain in the a** to lace up, or not be comfortable on the foot. I like rubber bindings personally, they often have one lace in the front that you just snug up and they will slide right off. but some people prefer the boot style and argue that they offer more support yadda yadda.

I picked up the CWB Lotus w/ Sage boots for my daughter last Xmas. It is 131cm. Wife (same specs as yours) also uses it. The bindings have "hinges" to help in entry/exit.

A "search" for "Lotus" on Overtons will show the package for <=$250. I think I got mine at evogear...but they don't seem to show it through Mike's link shown above.

I should "qualify" this post by saying my knowledge of wakeboarding is limited, but this package fit the bill great for us. As newbies, both mom and daughter popped up first time on it (first on boom, then long line).

Edited by davemac

My wife is an intermediate rider (w2w T&H, couple 180's & grabs). I bought her a Hyperlite SYN board two summers ago and she LOVES it! Since then two of her friends have bought the same board after having riden my wifes, so I know women like it.

I bought it off of Evogear.com as a blemish with boots for $250. Her friend bought the same board and boots from Evogear last summer, blemish also, for $229.

Medicdiver-

Sorry I can't recommend a board for your wife, but here's a pair of boots that might work for her. Price is right too.

08 Ronix Luxe Wakeboard Binding

MSRP: $229.99

BoardersBestBuy: $70.00

Shipping to USA Only: $18.00 Save 70%

This site has a special running each day. So if you see something you like, pull the trigger. It will be gone the next day and a new item will be up.

http://www.boardersbestbuy.com/

i agree with the hyperlight eden, my wife has that board. she's about the same size as your wife. it was a great board to learn on, I bought her a more immediate board this year, so i would highly recommend that board.

• 1 month later...

Check out the Ronix Vault (or any other board with an extra toeside bite). These are great beginners boards, and when she is bored with it, it will be great for all the new folks you want to introduce to sport. It is a great board. The Ronix Divide bindings can come with this board as a combo for around $300...sweet. These bindings feel very nice. I don't know the size she wants but should be down in the 132-134 range.

This board will make her first toeside turns quite a bit easier. It is also very stable. It will take her a long time to out"grow" this board.