Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help for rounded off Knock Sensor

On your 2007 you should have a 3 piece sensor, what did you round off? You should be using a 1inch socket or open end wrench to pull those out. The material they use for the knock sensor is pretty soft so the sensor operates correct.

The replacement studs if that is what you are talking about are $15: http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1405

Is that what you were looking for?

Hope this helped

-Paul

Well, I have not tried the PB... but the vise grips are not wanting to grab. Any idea how much a new sensor is?

$25-30 a peice, my 06 vride has 2, but thats no good if you can't get the old one out. Try the PB and even tap on the end of it with a hammer, the vibration could help loosen things up. Put your vice grip on it and screw down so it tight, pull it out give it another 1/4 to 1/2 turn and clamp it with your Popeye forearms!! Good luck!!

P.S. Make sure you're grabbing with the teeth of the vise grips not the smoother ends.

Use a small pipewrench.

I thought about that too but I'm trying to picture whether he would have enough room, I know I had to come in at angle with an open ended wrench. From what Paul said the metal is soft, I wouldn't want to snap it and create a worse problem.

I thought about that too but I'm trying to picture whether he would have enough room, I know I had to come in at angle with an open ended wrench. From what Paul said the metal is soft, I wouldn't want to snap it and create a worse problem.

You could use a 4" pipewrench. It is small so it would fit in the same or smaller space as vice grips and should provide more gripping. He could tap (hit) the wrench with a hammer if he needs more torque.

$25-30 a peice, my 06 vride has 2, but thats no good if you can't get the old one out. Try the PB and even tap on the end of it with a hammer, the vibration could help loosen things up. Put your vice grip on it and screw down so it tight, pull it out give it another 1/4 to 1/2 turn and clamp it with your Popeye forearms!! Good luck!!

P.S. Make sure you're grabbing with the teeth of the vise grips not the smoother ends.

Agree on the wonder chemicals in PB Blaster, but also try turning it clockwise just a wee bit, then CCW. Sometimes that's all it takes to get 'er loose.

• 2 weeks later...