Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 23LSV Billet Glove Box Door

23LSVDAVE

The door is in process and should be done in the next couple weeks. Im unsure how to solve the knob issue that was mentioned. I have never had any problems with mine, and no one else seems to have any complaints. The new door is going to be made the same way the old one was with the knob in the same location. I think the only solution is to close your glove box door, and not have people resting their arm on it when they change the Ipod. I will post a picture of the new door when it is completed. It should be right after the new year.

Any update? thx.

• 3 months later...

Anyone interested in one of these??? If so I will post some pics of the one that Nice Racks custom made for my boat. It came out perfect. Horacio the owner there spent a lot of time making it right and it looks fantastic. No one else makes one for the 2008 23LSV and if you have the Maliview it matches your dash perfect!!!!!

Anyone interested in one of these??? If so I will post some pics of the one that Nice Racks custom made for my boat. It came out perfect. Horacio the owner there spent a lot of time making it right and it looks fantastic. No one else makes one for the 2008 23LSV and if you have the Maliview it matches your dash perfect!!!!!

I'm interested :surprised:

I'm also interested. I also see the knob being a problem on the seat. The 2010 glovebox now opens up instead of down to address this issue I think.

I would love to see a picture of the billet glove door so please post it here, I want one!

I think carbon fiber would be a nice option also.

As for the knob hitting the seat, I wonder if using a wire on the door to prevent it from opening all the way. Maybe make the wire just long enough so it sits 1/2 from the seat.

2010-04-28193328.jpg

Hopefully this works, I have never added photos before. If not I can email them to anyone directly.

Dave

Ok for anyone who wants one you can call Nice Racks directly to place your order. The owners name is Horacio and he is there during regular business hours 8-5 M-F. The number is (408) 846-1919. Tell him that you saw it on "The Malibu Crew Site" Pricing will be $199.00 + shipping. If you want to customize it with a boat name he will charge you a little extra. Good Luck and I hope you like them!!

Ok for anyone who wants one you can call Nice Racks directly to place your order. The owners name is Horacio and he is there during regular business hours 8-5 M-F. The number is (408) 846-1919. Tell him that you saw it on "The Malibu Crew Site" Pricing will be $199.00 + shipping. If you want to customize it with a boat name he will charge you a little extra. Good Luck and I hope you like them!!

Might sound like a high price but it's less than Malibu charges for the option.

I ordered one..It looks cool but mainly because now i can attach a wire to it and prevent it from opening into the vinyl which will eventually cause more damage than what the door cost in the first place.

Im going to put the wire on mine too. I just need to take a closer look at how Im going to do it. Your going to love the way it looks!! I had the Maliview put in my boat as well so It has the billet dash. It matches perfect. If you get any ideas on how your going to set up the wire please let me know.

He told me it is about a 1/2 thick so tapping into the backside is not a problem. Its where to connect the wire in the glove box itself that may be a issue.

By the way, I was told it would be here Monday but here it is wednesday and the UPS guy just drove by and not sight of it. I guess I'll have to call and see what's up. I was told they made several so it was a matter of boxing it up and shipping.