Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 23LSV Billet Glove Box Door

23LSVDAVE

Has anyone had one of these made? Malibu does not make a Billet/Stainless Glove Box Door for the 2008 23LSV. I was told by Paul at Bakes and Malibu themselves that they only used that style/shape glove box door for one year and they don't have them available in billet or stainless. Does anyone have one or has anyone had one made for their boat? I just put in the Maliview and the whole dash is polished, and the glove box door doesn't really match now. Any Suggestions???

Has anyone had one of these made? Malibu does not make a Billet/Stainless Glove Box Door for the 2008 23LSV. I was told by Paul at Bakes and Malibu themselves that they only used that style/shape glove box door for one year and they don't have them available in billet or stainless. Does anyone have one or has anyone had one made for their boat? I just put in the Maliview and the whole dash is polished, and the glove box door doesn't really match now. Any Suggestions???

I am running an 06 LSV with the plastic ugly ones (not the nice one molded into dash like yours) and I know that my dealer said they would be able to replace mine if I wanted with a billet door so I would imagine its doable for you too. If not you can always have a shop custom fab it if you want it that badly

According to dealer, Malibu, and Bakes none available without having it fabricated. I cant be the only one that has a 2008 that wants a billet door. Going to check with a nearby shop later in the week about having one made, but if someone has had it done already, Ill use the same shop if they are happy with theirs.

If you find somebody that will build one at a reasonable price let me know! I've got a few customers that would be interested.

I am running an 06 LSV with the plastic ugly ones (not the nice one molded into dash like yours) and I know that my dealer said they would be able to replace mine if I wanted with a billet door so I would imagine its doable for you too. If not you can always have a shop custom fab it if you want it that badly

2008 was a one off year for the squared off glove box door which is not the same as your 06. You should be able to order a billet glove box door from the factory for your 06 boat.

-Paul

If you find somebody that will build one at a reasonable price let me know! I've got a few customers that would be interested.

2008 was a one off year for the squared off glove box door which is not the same as your 06. You should be able to order a billet glove box door from the factory for your 06 boat.

-Paul

Paul: Do you have a photo of what this would look like by any chance? On an 06 that is

Here you go:

Thanks Tracie! Check out the "bling!" off the steering wheeel... Biggrin.gif hahaha

I've got a picture i can post later of the two different glove box doors side by side i will post later.

-Paul

Dave I also have a 08 23 lsv and have been trying to get my hands on a Maliview upgrade kit. I'm close to you so you have any insight please let me know.

When I bought my boat I was able to get Malibu to include it as an incentive. I bought one of the brand new 2008 repo boats and it was included in the deal. I had the boat for several months before it was finally installed, but it was worth the wait. I love the Maliview system. Not sure if you have tried Bakes Marine, but they may have the scoop on how to get your hands on one. I know they are not cheap, but in my opinion it was a great addition to the boat. If you want to see pictures of it or you have any other questions about the add on to the 2008 boat let me know....Good Luck.

I have a CNC mill depending on how many people are interested I could get the cost down pretty low. I have made alot stuff for my 06 VLX. Whats the interest in a billet door if the cost was about $150, would need about ten people for it to pencil out and break even. Anybody in the bay area where I could grab some dimensions of there door?

I am in Gilroy.

Give me a call and I'll come take a look at it and see what we can do! I'm in Gilroy off center and masten. Robert 408-804-0316

I have a CNC mill depending on how many people are interested I could get the cost down pretty low. I have made alot stuff for my 06 VLX. Whats the interest in a billet door if the cost was about $150, would need about ten people for it to pencil out and break even. Anybody in the bay area where I could grab some dimensions of there door?

I can tell you that's alot cheaper than what Malibu wants for one.

Can someone show me a pic of what this would look like with the billet glove box option? My dealer says they ordered and installed one but I just don't see how its going to come out looking good :-/

Its an 06 Wakesetter LSV

post-12012-126035834412_thumb.jpg

Can someone show me a pic of what this would look like with the billet glove box option? My dealer says they ordered and installed one but I just don't see how its going to come out looking good :-/

Its an 06 Wakesetter LSV

I have never seen a billet glove box door on that style glovebox door. This will be a first for me.

Ok... I have THE PROBLEM SOLVED. Nice Rack in Gilroy has agreed to make the glove box door for anyone who wants one for the 2008 23LSV. It will be completed by Jan 1st. I met with Horacio (The owner of Nice Rack) and he has my door in his shop and is working on it now. Cost for anyone who is interested will be around $150. I will post a picture of mine when it is completed for anyone who wants to take a look at it. The price is great and Nice Rack does fantastic work. This is the only option available for anyone who owns this boat and wants a billet glove box door.

Ok... I have THE PROBLEM SOLVED. Nice Rack in Gilroy has agreed to make the glove box door for anyone who wants one for the 2008 23LSV. It will be completed by Jan 1st. I met with Horacio (The owner of Nice Rack) and he has my door in his shop and is working on it now. Cost for anyone who is interested will be around $150. I will post a picture of mine when it is completed for anyone who wants to take a look at it. The price is great and Nice Rack does fantastic work. This is the only option available for anyone who owns this boat and wants a billet glove box door.

I am in IF (And this is a big IF!!) you can find a new latch knob so that it doesn't dig into my seat when the door is open. Solve this and i will be happy to pay (I have the Maliview upgrade so i would really love for the glove box door to match!) I tried a few different things to solve the "digging into the seat" problem.. even purchased the Mastercraft knob that pushes in flush but unfortunatly it's a different size and i would have needed to do some cutting on the door and the inside of the glove box.. and even with that i wasn't sure it would work.

please please please make this new door with a knob that saves our seats!!! :)

I am in IF (And this is a big IF!!) you can find a new latch knob so that it doesn't dig into my seat when the door is open. Solve this and i will be happy to pay (I have the Maliview upgrade so i would really love for the glove box door to match!) I tried a few different things to solve the "digging into the seat" problem.. even purchased the Mastercraft knob that pushes in flush but unfortunatly it's a different size and i would have needed to do some cutting on the door and the inside of the glove box.. and even with that i wasn't sure it would work.

please please please make this new door with a knob that saves our seats!!! :)

The knob doesn't hit the seat in my boat. If you can post a picture I would like to see it. The plan on the new one is to make it exactly the same as the factory door and use the standard knob off the old door. Please post a pic as soon as you can so I can understand what the concern is. Thanks a lot.

The knob doesn't hit the seat in my boat. If you can post a picture I would like to see it. The plan on the new one is to make it exactly the same as the factory door and use the standard knob off the old door. Please post a pic as soon as you can so I can understand what the concern is. Thanks a lot.

Sorry for the delay.. just saw this. I am in Calif today but when i get back home i will snap a photo and post it up. On my boat when you open the glove box door the black knob rests on the top of the seat back (the observers seat... the one that flips up so you can get to your subs, storage, etc.) When people reach into the glovebox (usually to dig for stuff or change songs on the Zune/Ipod they rest their arms (and body weight) on the glovebox door... since the know is what's in contact with the seat the little black knob pushes into the seat... you can see where the two little sharp peices on the knob have start to leave an indent in the seat.. and i am sure in a few years it will just crack. IF you don't have this problem i would love to know what they did different!

EDIT: I just looked through my photos and came up with this... it doesn't show the door open but i highlighted where it rests on the seat.

post-7661-126054722289_thumb.jpg

Edited by gregtay

Sorry for the delay.. just saw this. I am in Calif today but when i get back home i will snap a photo and post it up. On my boat when you open the glove box door the black knob rests on the top of the seat back (the observers seat... the one that flips up so you can get to your subs, storage, etc.) When people reach into the glovebox (usually to dig for stuff or change songs on the Zune/Ipod they rest their arms (and body weight) on the glovebox door... since the know is what's in contact with the seat the little black knob pushes into the seat... you can see where the two little sharp peices on the knob have start to leave an indent in the seat.. and i am sure in a few years it will just crack. IF you don't have this problem i would love to know what they did different!

EDIT: I just looked through my photos and came up with this... it doesn't show the door open but i highlighted where it rests on the seat.

If you got a door made you could put whatever you wanted for a lock on there. You could use that MC lock you were talking about.

The door is in process and should be done in the next couple weeks. Im unsure how to solve the knob issue that was mentioned. I have never had any problems with mine, and no one else seems to have any complaints. The new door is going to be made the same way the old one was with the knob in the same location. I think the only solution is to close your glove box door, and not have people resting their arm on it when they change the Ipod. I will post a picture of the new door when it is completed. It should be right after the new year.