Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Fibreglass Platform

Defix9

Hi guys, ive got a 2008 Malibu Vride :) just bought it about 3 months ago, 2008 Vride hull and boat, but its got the 2009 Indmar 350 HP engine, (not that it has anything to do with it) but is it possible to get a Fibreglass platform in the aftermarket, we have a teak one at the moment, im not too fond of it. and we have the floating wedge, so is it possible to get a fibreglass swim platform with the hatch at the back so i can access my wedge from my local malibu dealership?

Hi guys, ive got a 2008 Malibu Vride :) just bought it about 3 months ago, 2008 Vride hull and boat, but its got the 2009 Indmar 350 HP engine, (not that it has anything to do with it) but is it possible to get a Fibreglass platform in the aftermarket, we have a teak one at the moment, im not too fond of it. and we have the floating wedge, so is it possible to get a fibreglass swim platform with the hatch at the back so i can access my wedge from my local malibu dealership?

You could always make one!

I made one for my 2006 VLX because I wanted to incorporate lights into the platform. Was a pretty inexpensive build it just took some time. If I figure out how to post pics on here I'll put them up.

You could always make one!

I made one for my 2006 VLX because I wanted to incorporate lights into the platform. Was a pretty inexpensive build it just took some time. If I figure out how to post pics on here I'll put them up.

I would certainly be interested in how you did this and how it's holding up for you. I'm in the middle of that project right now, platform is glassed and ready for primer tonight, did you use actual gelcoat or a macropoxy??

Take out your electric sander and sand your teak down to bear wood. Then put on the teak oil. It’s a lot of work the first time but once you see a nice teak finish you may change your mind and want to keep it.

Take out your electric sander and sand your teak down to bear wood. Then put on the teak oil. It’s a lot of work the first time but once you see a nice teak finish you may change your mind and want to keep it.

Yea, whatever. I did mine twice last year. And twice the year before. It looked great for a few weeks & then dingy & scuffed up for weeks till I sanded & oiled it again.

I use my boat. And it lives outside on the trailer or on the water for months on end.

Their great when they look nice. But I'd rather have a fiberglass one any day. It looks great all the time. All swimsteps are going to need to be repaired occasionally. But in my experience I don't do it nearly as often on a fiberglass one.

If anyone wants to trade, let me know. I need a black, blue or white swimstep. Frankly, I'd take hot pink or whatever you have as long as it fit the transom of my Vride.

Yea, whatever. I did mine twice last year. And twice the year before. It looked great for a few weeks & then dingy & scuffed up for weeks till I sanded & oiled it again.

I use my boat. And it lives outside on the trailer or on the water for months on end.

Their great when they look nice. But I'd rather have a fiberglass one any day. It looks great all the time. All swimsteps are going to need to be repaired occasionally. But in my experience I don't do it nearly as often on a fiberglass one.

If anyone wants to trade, let me know. I need a black, blue or white swimstep. Frankly, I'd take hot pink or whatever you have as long as it fit the transom of my Vride.

How about a midnight blue fiberglass step? I have a brand new one in the box with the trap door if your interested drop me a PM and i will get you more details/price

-Paul

How about a midnight blue fiberglass step? I have a brand new one in the box with the trap door if your interested drop me a PM and i will get you more details/price

-Paul

Would the blue one fit a 2008 V ride? what boat was it made for? and do you have pictures?

-Paul

Hey Paul, if you ever come up with a red one that will fit my '05 Rlxi I'd be interested. Or if someone has one they want to trade for a nice teak platform... The teak is OK, my preferrence though would be FG.

Ed

Would the blue one fit a 2008 V ride? what boat was it made for? and do you have pictures?

Do you have a 2009 or 2008 V-ride? Your profile said 09 so thats why I was asking. It would fit on a 2008, if you have a 2009 that boat used the larger swim step.

I sent you a PM

Here are some pictures

It's brand new, still in the box with foam padding out in our storage unit.

post-4023-125968947309_thumb.jpg

post-4023-125968947894_thumb.jpg

post-4023-125968948586_thumb.jpg

Paul

Do you have a 2009 or 2008 V-ride? Your profile said 09 so thats why I was asking. It would fit on a 2008, if you have a 2009 that boat used the larger swim step.

I sent you a PM

Here are some pictures

It's brand new, still in the box with foam padding out in our storage unit.

post-4023-125968947309_thumb.jpg

post-4023-125968947894_thumb.jpg

post-4023-125968948586_thumb.jpg

Paul

we have a 2008 vride, but its brand new when we bought it with 0 hours, 09 engine.