Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

extreme bilge heater

phenom152

I put mine as low as I could, under the transmission (basically).

You'll want to keep the engine side panels in place and the seat cushions on top of the V-drive area to keep the heat in. Also not a bad idea to block the engine compartment vents as much as possible to keep the heat in.

I put mine as low as I could, under the transmission (basically).

You'll want to keep the engine side panels in place and the seat cushions on top of the V-drive area to keep the heat in. Also not a bad idea to block the engine compartment vents as much as possible to keep the heat in.

ok thanks what way should i face it tward prop or front of boat

I have the Boatsafe, which is a bit larger than the Extreme. I mounted it on the side wall. So if I wanted it out of there it came out with the wall easily.

Lowest temps I've seen in the engine compartment were about 38 when it was -8 outside & like 5 in the garage. I understand why you'd think it should be mounted low... heat rises. But I figured it should be mounted high enough that it never gets swamped.

well i mounted it (actually set it) if ur looking at rear of motor under the oil filter on fiberglass facing transmission im kinda worried b/c i have never done this wandering if it safe did u mean u mounted it in one of the lockers do u leave the door off and where near the door track or what sorry for all the questions just want to be safe i probbaly have about ten inches of open space in front of it

Heres mine. It's the big white thing mounted towards the top right of the pic.

heater.jpg

Boatsafe is the brand of it. It's the Boatsafe Jr listed here.

I've heard good things about Extreme too. And they are a lot smaller than the Boatsafe Jr.

Whichever one you go with, just mount it according to their instructions. Mine is high enough & out of the way enough that I leave it in there all the time, summer or winter. The only reason I pull it is the same reasons you pull the divider wall itself, to do something in the engine compartment.