Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fake a lake

Toby

hi all

what happened to the fake a lake article? i know it was on MBO but cant find it there as well.

could someone do me a favour and tell me where i can find it or post it?

thanks.

Thumbup.gif

Hear of issues with flush pro's breaking and then you are left with no water intake on the lake. It's made of cheap plastic. Just make your own fake a lake and be done with no worries

thanks again.

while i was searching for it a few were saying that they feel that the average garden hose can not meet demand of the water pump resulting in a damaged impellor.

dont agree with that really.

its just to warm it up for oil change etc, etc not run at 3k revs.

Stupid.gif

thanks again.

while i was searching for it a few were saying that they feel that the average garden hose can not meet demand of the water pump resulting in a damaged impellor. 

dont agree with that really. 

its just to warm it up for oil change etc, etc not run at 3k revs.

Stupid.gif

I have the Flush-Pro factory installed.

With the through transom connector it is very convenient!

Just hook up the garden-hose and go...

post-334-1127293165_thumb.jpg

Even if it is made of plastic it looks very solid!

The factory option was about 140 Euro (w/ through transom).

You can get just the Flush-Pro here:

Westmarine

You'll need the #3704129 for 1 1/4 size hose. It's about 80 $.

Installation is nothing...

most homes output WAY more water pressure than is required to run the boat at idle. i usually barely turn the water on.

i have had the flushpro on my last 3 inboards, never a problem. i live in a brackish environment, and the boat is on a lift, so the flushpro is used alot.

most homes output WAY more water pressure than is required to run the boat at idle.  i usually barely turn the water on.

I always thought that too, but the first time I used the fake-a-lake on my '05 VLX, the engine was trying to suck in water so fast even at idle, it basically sucked the fake-a-lake rubber plunger almost flat against the bottom of the boat, lifting the handle off the ground.

Even when I turned the water on fast it remained sucked against the boat, trying to pull in more water than the hose could put out.

Interesting. My previous boat didn't seem to suck in near that much water.

I always thought that too, but the first time I used the fake-a-lake on my '05 VLX, the engine was trying to suck in water so fast even at idle, it basically sucked the fake-a-lake rubber plunger almost flat against the bottom of the boat, lifting the handle off the ground.

I think this is unususal. At idle there should certainly be enough water pressure. I can go to a bit over idle with no problems. You may have to move to a different neighborhood as your water pressure is lacking... Tongue.gif

I don't know that it is "that hard" to make your own fake-a-lake... I just used a plunger, and poked a hole in it, and pushed a threaded hose fitting (the one you'd use to fix a broken female end of a hose) through the hole in the plunger... attach the hose to it, and jam it under the boat.

If necessary - you can cut the handle of the plunger if it is too long to fit between the hull and ground. I also use mine to test my ballast fittings too

I made my own temporary fake a lake one day to test my ballast. I just cut a hole in the head of a plunger and stuck it up against the boat. It worked well but when I was done I threw it away... and washed my hands :lol: