Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower camera linked to maliview?!

Slinky

Given that the new MCs are available with a camera mounted on the tower that can be watched on their version of Maliview as well as be recorded to an external memory source, I was wondering if there is an aftermarket application or if Malibu will be offering something similar in the future. I would love to be able to watch all of our sets on Maliview and then download them. On wakeworld there are talks that the Maliview update will be coming soon and will have GPS charting... Hopefully they will have a tower cam application too! Thanks for any help or insight.

The resoures are there and they really wanted to make it happen before the 2010 model year started.

Nothing that i know of is offered from the factory yet but we've rigged some rear view cameras in 09' boats for customers.

You'll see something soon Wink.gif

-Paul

The resoures are there and they really wanted to make it happen before the 2010 model year started.

Nothing that i know of is offered from the factory yet but we've rigged some rear view cameras in 09' boats for customers.

You'll see something soon Wink.gif

-Paul

What camera;s are you using??

Thanks

What camera;s are you using??

Thanks

We haven't stuck with one in particular yet. We're right next to a car audio shop (Car Toys) and they have a selection of 6 or 7 back up Cameras. I don't see either of the cameras that our customers used. I know it was similar to this: http://www.cartoys.com/Default.cfm/p/ACCRVCB_Weatherproof_Color_BackUp_Camera/ We mounted it (thru hull style) right below the sun deck and angled the lens up a little bit (since the bow is usually pointed up when towing a rider) It turned out all right, only because it was a wide angle lens so you could get a lot in the picture.

-Paul