Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Still not done in Connecticut!

CTSunsetter

You guys and gals are nuts. It don't look right without leaves on the trees. How far up the river are you? I go on a hot boat run on the CT river towards the end of October. We run from Haddem Meadows up to and above East Hartford, then down below Haddem and back. It is an annual thing (called the CT River Run) that draws between 100 and 150 boats. The second most impressive part is the launching of 100+ boats in less than a half hour @ Haddem Meadows. The most impressive part are the boats. Many of them do over 100 MPH. We travel 4 hours for this, some people even more.

Well done in Ct. Must admit to sneaking out there today as well (a bit north of you)...just below "the Mendoza line" 100F (water 51, air 48). With no wind, no boat traffic, and bright sun, it was quite nice....even survived a refreshing OTF.

post-5162-125893787929_thumb.jpg

post-5162-125893940716_thumb.jpg

Edited by davemac

Wow!

You guys are GREAT!

People around here look strangly at us when we ski and ride into mid October (in wet suits).

Do you all have dry suits? What do you do to make sure you don't have any boat freeze damage this late in the year?

I wonder if I could talk my wife into it (even with a dry suit).

Way to go!!

Do you all have dry suits? What do you do to make sure you don't have any boat freeze damage this late in the year?

Affirmative on the drysuit. Had the new Eagle suit on today (thanks for the advice, AreaMike).

My boat has long since been put away for its winter's nap. Ski buddy owns marina and still has his in boathouse (if need be, it can be pulled and winterized on a whim).

Affirmative on the drysuit. Had the new Eagle suit on today (thanks for the advice, AreaMike).

My boat has long since been put away for its winter's nap. Ski buddy owns marina and still has his in boathouse (if need be, it can be pulled and winterized on a whim).

You guys are tougher than I am. I took the boat out in late October.

I spent the weekend in hockey rinks and watching plays. No time to ski anyway.

Hopefully you guys will inspire us to brave the cooler weather forecast for T-day weekend. We've been out on the Delaware the last three weekends in a row and hopefully are not done yet.Sat was 53a/50w., not bad at all in drysuits, or in the case of Raynman's leaker, a warmsuit!

Hopefully you guys will inspire us to brave the cooler weather forecast for T-day weekend. We've been out on the Delaware the last three weekends in a row and hopefully are not done yet.Sat was 53a/50w., not bad at all in drysuits, or in the case of Raynman's leaker, a warmsuit!

I got out for the first time in over a month! Skied Sat. and ahd a blast! Water was 59 and the air was 63 in TX!

We had probably the best sets of the year out here in WA yesterday morning, pure glass. Water /air was combined ninety something, can't believe how fast the water temp has dropped, but all our ski areas have been pounded with snow and a good base, earliest I can remember.